Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own both Steam and RT . So, should I buy Railways of the World or not? What am I missing? Will the expansions for RotW work with the Steam or RT or do I need to get RotW for the expansions to work?

I realize that it is simply a matter of opinion as to which is the better game of these three - but would like to get some input before making a decision to buy or not (RotW and expansions).

Thanks ahead of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't need RotW if you have RRT, pretty much the same game. The expansions work just fine with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By not having railways of the world you are missing 2 things

A scoreboard for certain expansions. Which you can either overlay you RRT map or print a scoring alternative is which there are several here on BGG.

The second is the railways of Mexico map. Which is a good map for a low number of players. At one stage you could buy the Mexicoap seperately direct from eagle. But I don't know if this is still possible.

Otherwise the game is the same. Other than a Small rule change regarding track cost along water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.