Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Gleason
United States
Asheville
North Carolina (NC)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is everyone else's opinion on the Flight card? We just had a game to where the first player got flight right away and stayed in the middle until 20 VP by negating all of our damage in a 3 player game. He just collected energy and rolled the rest away. Another player even remove 5 VP from everyone else but himself. But it still didn't matter since he had ton of energy to ward off all our attacks and the loss of 5 VP only dragged it out. This card seems way too powerful for the cost of it and the 2 energy to negate all damage for a turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a powerful card indeed. The only way I know to counter it is to get the card wherein you can buy another card a player already owns,....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does a Turn really mean a whole round of the table, or just a single player turn? If you play it the latter way, it's still strong but not overpowered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
airsonist wrote:
Does a Turn really mean a whole round of the table, or just a single player turn? If you play it the latter way, it's still strong but not overpowered.

It's the latter. The more players there are in the game the weaker it is, as if everyone attacks that's a lot of cubes he has to accumulate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Gleason
United States
Asheville
North Carolina (NC)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was only the 2nd time I've seen that card come up in over 20+ games but that card won both games. I think it has to be the most powerful card in the deck. I decided to remove it from the deck then let it decide the winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Zarovichx wrote:
What is everyone else's opinion on the Flight card? We just had a game to where the first player got flight right away and stayed in the middle until 20 VP by negating all of our damage in a 3 player game. He just collected energy and rolled the rest away. Another player even remove 5 VP from everyone else but himself. But it still didn't matter since he had ton of energy to ward off all our attacks and the loss of 5 VP only dragged it out. This card seems way too powerful for the cost of it and the 2 energy to negate all damage for a turn.

He would have to be collecting 4 energy every turn to negate both other players' attacks, which is fairly difficult to do. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "rolled the rest away".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tsui
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Khedron wrote:
Zarovichx wrote:

He would have to be collecting 4 energy every turn to negate both other players' attacks, which is fairly difficult to do. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "rolled the rest away".

You only need 2 energy to negate everyone's attack until it's your turn again. 2 energy isn't too hard to get if you keep all the energy dice you roll, and re-roll the rest every round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't the Wings card too strong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sairanac wrote:
Khedron wrote:
Zarovichx wrote:

You only need 2 energy to negate everyone's attack until it's your turn again. 2 energy isn't too hard to get if you keep all the energy dice you roll, and re-roll the rest every round.

I assume we're talking about the "Wings" card, since I don't have one named "Flight".

Wings Card wrote:
Spend 2[energy] to negate damage to you for a turn.

Two energy will only protect your for one turn, not for two turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sairanac wrote:

Each player has a turn. A turn does not last until you start your turn again. So in a 4 player game, you have your turn, and then there are 3 other turns that occur before your turn starts again.

If everyone kept attacking you, you'd have to have 6 energy to block it all before your turn starts again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Gleason
United States
Asheville
North Carolina (NC)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah its the Wings card I was talking about..sorry. Another reason I think its too strong is that it negates all damage for that turn. So if I roll two claws and he negates it, this will also prevent any damage done to him through cards that I could buy to hurt him on that same turn.

My 14 yr old son was the one that got the Wings card and all he did was reroll anything not an energy while in tokyo and turtled to a victory. It still took him awhile since we were using cards to remove VP from him but he had the energy to stay alive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't there a ton of cards that are really strong and can basically win you the game? I thought that was half the fun in game like this, and why the play time was comparatively short.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Gleason
United States
Asheville
North Carolina (NC)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:
Aren't there a ton of cards that are really strong and can basically win you the game? I thought that was half the fun in game like this, and why the play time was comparatively short.

You obviously didn't read my post about Wings letting my son turtle to a victory. So no it wasn't a fast game and yes it single handily won it for him. He also was the first player and therefore was able to get first dibs on the card.

Now I have only seen the card come out twice but it won the game for the player both times. The only way to combat that card is to hope for a lot of 3s on the dice for VPs or have more then 3 players playing the game and everyone is targeting the player with Wings in Tokyo. If someone decides they are not going for claws then yeah its most likely a done deal unless the Wings owner can't roll cubes.

Shrink Ray and a few others are powerful cards but they can be countered by rolling hearts or playing Wings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.