Siena» Forums » Rules

Subject: Leftover Goods with no Peasants/Merchants? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael G
United States
California
flag msg tools
I have just started playing and I have a question. If there are one or more produced goods on the board, what happens to them if there are no peasants or merchants left? Say, if there is a cube for corn on the board, but the last peasant has just become a merchant, can anyone claim that corn, or does it remain on the board unused for the rest of the game? Or is it removed from the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiamat
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I relied on some rewritten rules from the files section which specifically say that you take them off the board.

Aside from that though, peasant goods can have no effect on the game once there are no more peasants (same with merchant goods and merchants), so you may as well take them off the board and stop tracking them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael G
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thanks, that's what I thought. And thanks for pointing out the rules files section, I wasn't aware of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is answered right on page 5 of the original rules:

"Attention: if every player has become a Merchant and there's no Peasant left, you must remove all the Laborer cubes from the board for the rest of the game. The same with the Wayfarer cubes when all players have become Bankers".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael G
United States
California
flag msg tools
It wasn't clear to me that goods cubes were the same as laborer/wayfarer cubes. But I had the feeling that everything was removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.