Garret Arcoraci
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Millennium Games in Rochester, NY, will be hosting the Kessel Run Preview Event on Saturday, December 15th, 12pm-4pm. If you would like more information please reply to this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Northeast forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Arcoraci
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan W
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be an intro to the game at all? Been wanting to learn more about it, It looks like a massive money sink though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Arcoraci
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no formal intro to the game prior to the tournament. However, if you'd like to meet up at Millennium on a Saturday or Sunday prior to the tournament I'd be happy to demo it for you.

In my opinion, compared to other miniature games, this game is more cost effective, especially if you decide to limit playing either the Rebels or the Imperials. The Rebels would be less expensive since the ships tend to have a higher cost value, (20-30 points each), where as the Imperial fighters have a lower cost value (10-20 points each). What I like is that you can purchase a single ship and get 2 to 4 different pilot cards. Having 3-4 Rebel ships should get you a 100 point squad, for the Imperials you are looking at 5-6 ships. The core set comes with 1 X-Wing and 2 Tie Fighters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KillahGorillah wrote:
Will there be an intro to the game at all? Been wanting to learn more about it, It looks like a massive money sink though!

Like any other miniature you can spend as much or as little as you want. The basic set is enough to play for quite a while.

If you want to build your own squads you need a maximum of 4 Rebel Rookies or a maximum 8 TIE Fighter Rookies. Of course, if you want better than rookies you'll need less ships.

Of course, alot of people have recommended squads of less than 100 points, so actually you could buy as few ships as you wanted and just make that the squad total for each squad.

I'm kind of sad that I don't really need to buy any more ships...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Arcoraci
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cauldronofevil wrote:

I'm kind of sad that I don't really need to buy any more ships...

There's always Wave II.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poboxgarret wrote:
There's always Wave II.

Though the Falcon and the Slave seem pointless. I want B-Wings & Bombers!

Or Death Star Turrets!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Arcoraci
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure B-Wings and Bombers will be on the horizon, this game has much in the way of expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan W
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm, I guess even if you played both factions, you are still only looking at like 100 to 200.

I drop that on a few play sets of mythics in magic so really not bad at all.

Of course, that's probably one of the reasons I have fallen out of Magic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Arcoraci
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it doesn't seem like Millennium is going to get the Kessel Run kit, at least according to Fantasy Flights web page. So, unfortunately the wave 2 expansions will not be available as prizes. Unless, I hear differently, there will be no tournament. Seeing that this coming Saturday is the Rochester Monthly Boardgamers Meet I plan on bringing X-Wing to demo or to just have some fun playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.