Subject: Appeal to Olympians rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antoine Picardat
France
Rosny-sous-Bois
flag msg tools
Hi,

I am not sure how to understand the sentence in rule 11.0 : "only one appeal can be made to each Olympian par player turn".
In the siege attrition phase a roll is made to determine attrition in a besieged city. One of the players appeals to Demeter to have the dices rerolled. THe other player cannot then have the appeal rerolled, right ?
So you cannot have two appeals (one each side) for one roll (attrition, battle, sailling).
But what about subsequent rolls in the same turn ?
Continuing my example :
- player A has had an attrition roll rerolled.
- it is the same siege attrition phase, but another siege. Can now player B appeal to Demeter to have the attrition roll of that other siege rerolled in is favor ?
- or, the first who appeals to an Olympian prohibits the other player to appeal to the same Olympian until the next cards play ?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
The sequence of play I think clarifies it for you. Each of the Seasons has two separate player turns (1st Player Turn, 2nd Player Turn). So if in 1st Player Turn of Spring, I appeal to Ares, you can't during that Player Turn. But in the 2nd Player Turn of Spring, you COULD appeal to Ares - different player turn.

So in your example - no you cannot use Demeter to re-roll an attrition roll in the same player turn (same card play) after player A already had a re-roll of a different attrition roll on a different siege. Yes, the first appeal to an Olympian does prohibit further appeals to that Olympian until the next card play (player turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Picardat
France
Rosny-sous-Bois
flag msg tools
Thank you for your answer. But what about Winter, when rolls occur after all actions and cards play ?
I play it as follow : you cannot appeal an appeal. If players A rolls and player B appeals and is happy with the new result, then player A cannot appeal, hoping to return to the original result that was favorable to him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
El Condor wrote:
Thank you for your answer. But what about Winter, when rolls occur after all actions and cards play ?
I play it as follow : you cannot appeal an appeal. If players A rolls and player B appeals and is happy with the new result, then player A cannot appeal, hoping to return to the original result that was favorable to him.

I think you have that right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur: that interpretation clearly fits the intent of the rule.

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.