Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me see if I get it.
OW is a reaction command. If a enemy unit fire, the friendly unit with OW can fire against that fire unit on the instant or in the end of all enemies have fired? By any chance that unit can choose not to fire and use the fire power when the enemy move - in the movement sequence?

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As said in the FAQ, all Direct Fire for 1st and 2nd Player is resolved before any Overwatch Fire is made. However, Overwatch fire can trigger a chain of overwatch fire. I agree that this is not clear in the rules. It seems to imply that overwatch Fire can be made just after the Direct Fire of a given unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerard Linehan
United Kingdom
HAMPTON
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mb
I prefer (and house rule adopt) the warrafeel idea that any OW fire maybe triggered as soon as a DF shot is resolved. If a player face the risk wait until all first player fires are resolved against him there is little incentive to use an OW command at all;- you chose a Fire command and if you dont win first shot (any) survivors of your opponents fire will get to fire anyway, the only possible use would be to interrupt his subsequent move. If OW maybe be fired as an immediate response to a shot, firefights become much less dependent on who gets to shoot first. Have played both ways and the OW fire as an immediate response to a spotted fire gives an overwhelming better game.
#
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.