Subject: House LOS rule for wood & town hexes with road or path rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As stated in the standard rules (Rules 4.1.4.1.3 and 4.1.4.1.7), a road or path basically negates the LOS blocking effect of woods & town hexes for spotting purposes.

My house rule is that there is only a clear (not blocked) LOS whenever the LOS line enters & exits precisely at the same hexsides where the road/path does.

Of course, this does not apply whenever the end of the LOS is precisely that wood&town hex, as per 4.1.4.2.5

Greetings
Rafael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Tyman
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that:

Roads and Paths in a hex negate the blocking effects for units spotting along a straight line into or through a Building/Woods hex.

This seams to me that the rule actually matches your house rules, the key being "along a straight line into or through".

Also, I also asked a related question to clarify the "into or throught" part on consimworld. Here are Jims answers on that:
Quote:
Case 1: Can a unit in 3116 spot a unit in building hex 3415, because the intervening building hex 3315 has a road through it?

Yes

Case 2: Can a unit in 3116 spot a unit in building hex 3514, because the intervening building hex 3315 has a road through it and the building hex 3415 has a road into itself but not through?

No
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krakonos wrote:
The rules state that:
This seams to me that the rule actually matches your house rules, the key being "along a straight line into or through".

I read it and found it very vague to mean precisely this.
This is the disadvantage of not being native English speaker.

Thank you very much !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.