Tab Fetting
United States
Marshfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game and am now doing what I do to get a better handle on how a new game works...playing it by myself as though I am playing a 2p game.

So.. first of many future questions..

Are white ladies immune to EVERYTHING once they are in decline?

to quote: "..become immune to your opponents' conquests & racial & special powers."

..so theorically they can stay on the board in decline until the end of the game? Nothing can overthrow them? This is how I am understanding it anyways...

================

next question: do the lost tribe count as "active" races per the requirement for peace loving that you can't attack any "active" races in order to get the +3 victory coin bonus?...

I'm under the impression that "active" races are those controlled by players...

(thanks for quick responses btw )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: White Ladies clarification
Magekraft wrote:
..so theorically they can stay on the board in decline until the end of the game? Nothing can overthrow them? This is how I am understanding it anyways...

As long as their owner never puts his or her active race into decline, then yes. A new in decline race would replace the old one. (Of course like most game rules this can be changed by powers, so Spirit White Ladies is an awesome combination.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: White Ladies clarification
Yes they are immune. But since they only start with 2+(1 to 5) tokens, they seldom get more than 2-3 regions in their initial conquest, and if the rest of the players play decently, there will at most be one White Lady region left when the White Ladies get their first chance to decline.

I find that White Ladies are one of the worst races ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geki
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
l-hansen wrote:
Yes they are immune. But since they only start with 2+(1 to 5) tokens, they seldom get more than 2-3 regions in their initial conquest, and if the rest of the players play decently, there will at most be one White Lady region left when the White Ladies get their first chance to decline.

I find that White Ladies are one of the worst races ever.

I certainly agree. I find Grand Dames of Small World the less satisfying of the race-adding expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For your other question, lost tribes are not active. Active races are the not in decline races of the players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the Lost Tribe tokens.
See that broken column symbol on them? See the grey border around the edge?
Now flip over any other race's tokens.
You will see the same column symbol and a grey border.
The broken column is the symbol for "in decline" in this game. The grey border helps set that off, visually. The Lost Tribes begin the game in decline...a civilization on the way out. That's why there's only one of them on each region, and that's why they don't move/attack.

As the central question here is about the White Ladies, this thread should probably be moved to the Grand Dames forums, IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.