Subject: About artifacts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aleksandr Savchenko
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mb
When I received the artifact in the form of a two-color book - I get an additional card whose colors I chose. It works only one time per game or always in every round? Because artifact stays with me until the end of the game, is not it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
savchenko wrote:
When I received the artifact in the form of a two-color book - I get an additional card in each color. It works only one time per game or always in every round? Because artifact stays with me until the end of the game, is not it?

Every round from the moment you get it. Great artifacts those books...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
freddieyu wrote:
savchenko wrote:
When I received the artifact in the form of a two-color book - I get an additional card in each color. It works only one time per game or always in every round? Because artifact stays with me until the end of the game, is not it?

Fernando is correct but not in its application
you get the additional card straight away ( so say its a purple/red book, and you chose, red, so you take a red card immediately )

but you no longer do this anymore. meaning next round, you dont get to take another red card

but Fernando is right in a way that, since you have already taken the red card. you will always have a red card more than your actual starting hand per round ( starting hand is 1 of each color except blue )
so your new starting hand is 1 of each color but red you have 2 and still no blue

its different from taking a new red card every round as you take it first, and when its time to use cards, whatever red card you didnt use that was extra you have to keep that as your extra card. so you cant discard it and draw a new one hoping for something different
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandr Savchenko
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mb
Then what's the point - to keep the artifact until the end game if it only works one time. Better than anyone else would use this property.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
savchenko wrote:
Then what's the point - to keep the artifact until the end game if it only works one time. Better than anyone else would use this property.

That's because each artifact you have at the end game counts in 1 of the 2 endgame scoring exhibitions.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
savchenko wrote:

Also for game balance and increased decision making the designer decided to restrict their use rather than allow the same one to be used by several players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
freddieyu wrote:
savchenko wrote:

As Jion said, this is incorrect. You only get to draw 1 card when you get the book. That's all. Not one card per round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
freddieyu wrote:
savchenko wrote:

As Jion said, this is incorrect. You only get to draw 1 card when you get the book. That's all. Not one card per round.

Oops the wording in my response was definitely misleading now that I reread it. What I meant is what everyone else has just corrected me on..ie the book in essence increases your hand by 1 card of the color of the book you pick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
savchenko wrote:

You will still always have an extra card until the end of the game; you just won't start amassing MORE cards.

IE, if you pick a book and choose the "red" side, for the rest of the game, your normal hand will consist of 1 green, 2 red, 1 yellow, 1 purple. This means you will have extra flexibility of red cards for the whole game. After assigning needs to your pets, you will still have 1-2-1-1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yep- with the book artifact, place the disc token with the coulor you wish to the top = this is now non-changeable, so if you chose yellow for instance, you immediately take a yellow card (one extra card). you will now have one extra yellow card for the remainder of the game, but because you choose which cards to use (ok - your pet does by its needs devil), this extra yellow card can , and will most often change for a different yellow card.
as pointed out, artifacts are also worth vps at game end...so very useful to have indeed.
my favorite artifact is the fridge, love that it comes already stocked with either meat or veg and doesn't go rotten wow.
brilliant game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.