Rainer Ludwig
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a question I thought I had seen answered somewhere, but now I just can't seem to find it...

When I make an extra action with the builder tile, and I buy one or more of the basic resources -- where do I put the coin(s) I'm spending? Since the rules do not explicitly state that there is a difference, my inclination is to put them on the builder space (because beforehand, when explaining how to buy goods when using the builder space, it is said that those coins are put on the space). Is that correct? The reason why this is important is of course that this can affect the majority on the builder space, and what is more, it could even give the majority to someone who didn't even use the builder space as a regular action that round. And after all, a logically possible (if for my personal feeling unlikely) interpretation of the rules would be "use the space -- put coins on the space // use the tile -- put coins on the tile".

Best,
Rainer

EDIT: Put answer in the subject line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Where to put coins used for buying goods when using the builder TILE?
yes i would say put onto the builder space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pastuzyn
United States
Midland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Put them on the Builder space. When the tile is used, just flip it over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Rapp
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
When purchasing goods, you always place the coins on the builder space and they count for the builder majority regardless if they were placed there during a standard or extra action.

Sebastian Rapp / Kosmos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ludwig
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks everybody, and especially Sebastian for the official answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.