Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They have every other expansion ready to order, but for whatever reason the interceptor says it's not in stock. "Yes, I know it's not in stock because it's a PREORDER! PRE!" Any reason why that might be happening?

Sigh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The R5Donth Star II
Canada
Hamilton
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure it is just a glitch. Send them a message and let them know, I'm sure it will be fixed.

I'm not a fan of the new site, I find it harder to locate what I want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Di Toro
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The other reason is that that have already pre-sold what they were allocated from the distributor. Let them get through the weekend and they will probably be contacting the distributor for more allocation.

This happend at all the online stores between GenCon and release. Probably happened a few times before then it just wasn't as noticeable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The same happened to Clash of Cultures. Seems the preorders for those are exceeding what they expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
karrde wrote:
The other reason is that that have already pre-sold what they were allocated from the distributor. Let them get through the weekend and they will probably be contacting the distributor for more allocation.

This happend at all the online stores between GenCon and release. Probably happened a few times before then it just wasn't as noticeable.

From my understanding, they haven't ordered any yet. So how could they sell more than they have?

Also, why only 1 expansion if that is the case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity I was watching the Wave 2 stuff inventory during Black Friday. Places like CoolStuff and MiniatureMarket have had Interceptors "in stock" (available for preorder) like the other expansions as recently as Thursday (US Thanksgiving Night).

But both CSI/MM sold out pretty quickly with both sites' Black Friday sales. I'm sure they'll order more and have more in stock again before release, I just think a lot of people were probably just doing their pre-orders with the Black Friday discounts.

[Whether or not interceptors will be a significant presence in post Wave 2 Imperial squads, players certainly appear to be buying them as though they will be.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dang I was going to check their site and forgot to look for any sales

edit - just checked the site and they still have them on sale and a 10% off the total order! sweet!
saved a lot when ordering those expansions I can't find around here
and of course ordered the preorders on a different order to get them later

they're all on sale!! Buy It Now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scout13 wrote:
dang I was going to check their site and forgot to look for any sales

edit - just checked the site and they still have them on sale and a 10% off the total order! sweet!
saved a lot when ordering those expansions I can't find around here
and of course ordered the preorders on a different order to get them later

they're all on sale!! Buy It Now!

Except for the interceptors...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hdnggrnchrg wrote:
They have every other expansion ready to order, but for whatever reason the interceptor says it's not in stock. "Yes, I know it's not in stock because it's a PREORDER! PRE!" Any reason why that might be happening?

Sigh...

So, there's a problem with CSI's website, and your first thought of getting resolution was to post here? Why don't you call them tomorrow morning, I'm sure they'll fix it pretty much immediately. Not sure what you expected the BGG community to do about it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tommy carlson
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
coolI do believe the op was looking to see if others were having the same problem..It seems there is a wierd glich of sorts..Even though though it is a pre-order item it is posted as out of stock lol...Never give up,Never surrender
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hdnggrnchrg wrote:
They have every other expansion ready to order, but for whatever reason the interceptor says it's not in stock. "Yes, I know it's not in stock because it's a PREORDER! PRE!" Any reason why that might be happening? Sigh...

this is normal and there is nothing wrong with their site. they had it available for pre-order, but sold all their allotted copies. this does not mean that they will not get anymore, only at this time they are OOS of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CapeCod Gamer
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
R5Don4 wrote:
I'm sure it is just a glitch. Send them a message and let them know, I'm sure it will be fixed.

I'm not a fan of the new site, I find it harder to locate what I want.

I agree with there new site layout. Hate it, hard to find what I want. When a Pathfinder book was coming out, I noticed they did not have it listed at all. I called them and told them and they said someone forgot to put it up and it would be taken care of. It was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffry Welfare
Australia
Guildford
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
Hdnggrnchrg wrote:
They have every other expansion ready to order, but for whatever reason the interceptor says it's not in stock. "Yes, I know it's not in stock because it's a PREORDER! PRE!" Any reason why that might be happening? Sigh...

this is normal and there is nothing wrong with their site. they had it available for pre-order, but sold all their allotted copies. this does not mean that they will not get anymore, only at this time they are OOS of it.

Same thing happened with Wave 1 as well.
Guess people are just writing off the A-Wings as useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Martins
Brazil
flag msg tools
JeffryW wrote:
You may want to re-guess that... A-Wings are gone too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI I have already pre-ordered the TIE Interceptors, so they did have them at one point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of the things I really like about CSI. You don't order from them and then end up without getting your item. They rather close the preorders.

I am sorry you ended up on the wrong side, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffry Welfare
Australia
Guildford
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zearoth wrote:
JeffryW wrote:

Guess all those going in to the showroom to kick the tyres on the Interceptor over the last day or so walked out with the keys to a brand new A-Wing when they found out they would have to wait till there were more Interceptors.

For myself I already have 4 of each waiting to arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffryW wrote:
zearoth wrote:
JeffryW wrote:

Guess all those going in to the showroom to kick the tyres on the Interceptor over the last day or so walked out with the keys to a brand new A-Wing when they found out they would have to wait till there were more Interceptors.

A-Wings are no longer available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffry Welfare
Australia
Guildford
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ferris1971 wrote:
JeffryW wrote:
zearoth wrote:
JeffryW wrote:

A-Wings are no longer available.

That probably explains why zearoth said it then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tommy carlson
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
coolOdds botkins ...got a reply from Cool Inc..confirmed what was said in here ..they are awaiting confirmation from FFG on how many will be available for re-stock and distribution...I had to go to another site to do my pre-ordering now...Oddly enough everything available now was out of stock there ..Wierd....Never give up,Never surrender

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Martins
Brazil
flag msg tools
Well, they're back. Grab'em while they're hot!

Hmm, I just found out wave 2 isn't due till February:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3721

I would be quite surprised if coolstuff wasn't able to fulfill pre-orders with two months of antecedence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zearoth wrote:
Well, they're back. Grab'em while they're hot!

Hmm, I just found out wave 2 isn't due till February:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3721

I would be quite surprised if coolstuff wasn't able to fulfill pre-orders with two months of antecedence.

By the time I got home, they were out again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Martins
Brazil
flag msg tools
Hdnggrnchrg wrote:
By the time I got home, they were out again.

Hah!

Well, as I said, since the second wave isn't due till February, I would be very much surprised if CSI doesn't reopen those preorders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.