BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: best place to print prototype cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hype Buster
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Whats the best place online to create prototype card of a game im working on. Choosing pictures on google images and input text obviously.

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Spears
United States
Athens
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I just used Artscow.com, also using Googled images with text. Although a lot of people will say to make your own for prototype/playtesting, I'm trying to make for a pleasant experience for my playtesters

There's a coupon for Artscow through tomorrow:
Coupon Code: 25OFFTHINGS
Expiry Date: 11/26/2012

They seem to have a coupon each month - Last month I used one for a 2x54 card deck order, the total was $16.49. Shipping took roughly 2 1/2 weeks. Quality of the cards was a lot better than I expected.

There's a couple more places listed in the forums for places to get cards printed along with how to make your own quality cards, but Artscow is the only one I've had experience with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used The Game Crafter to make cards. With them you are not limited to sets of 54 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hype Buster
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well guys, i dont want to pay for the moment, its just to make my first test enjoyable for my testers

I know it exist free, my friend used this for 1 of his proto. But he is gone for the rest of the w-e and i have free times right now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bodah
United States
Cambridge
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was pretty happy using card stock and putting them in sleeves with playing cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Streicher
msg tools
mbmb
I also really recommend using just cards of other games in sleeves with a self printed frontside!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Once the design is reasonably set, then print on thin card double sided, laminate, cut. Before that, print on paper, put in sleeves with cards from another game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Printing them and sleeving them is the best and cheapest option for the initial playtesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.