Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Map editor won't save or convert (PC) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peder Bergenwall
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
As the subject says, I'm having a bit of trouble with the map editor on the PC. I tried doing a search here but couldn't find any good answers, sorry if this has been adressed before.

When I save a map the file will show up, however if I exit the editor, enter it and try to load it up again nothing shows up. The file name is correct (the title shows), but no tiles are loaded.

Worse, I can't convert the map to a png without the editor crashing on me, leaving me without a png. This has been adressed for the Mac, but I haven't seen anyone bring this up for the PC.

Any ideas? I'm running Win 7 (x64).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keller
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
I had a similar problem. I think the program doesn't save it correctly on the first Save action, I'm not sure why. I always hit Save twice to make sure the save sticks. That may also solve your png issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peder Bergenwall
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
Nope, tried that just know (as well as saving to different files, several times). When I open the editor again and hit load, it says "loading [file name]", the name comes up in the top left corner and then nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't work for me, eighter...does it have issues with Sweden?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peder Bergenwall
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
It would seem that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n Mzi
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the name of the directory where:
- bgmapeditor is installed?
- your scenario is saved?

Best,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peder Bergenwall
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
The folder name is the same as the zip file, "bgmapeditor-zombicide-preinstalled-windows" which is located in a separate Zombicide folder on my desktop (. The scenario saves to that Zombicide folder.

Edit: just tried saving it to the same folder as the editor, and now it works. Will try exporting to png as well as see if that solved that too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Faught
Taiwan
Long Tan
Taoyuan
flag msg tools
This is quite late in coming. But the workaround i found was to use the windows snipping tool. but it only works for small maps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.