Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I've read here something about new RSP rules and an RSP reboot. So, what happened? What's new in RSP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:

I've read here something about new RSP rules and an RSP reboot. So, what happened? What's new in RSP?

From what I can tell, the admins realized we're all adults and we don't need out wrists slapped like children every time we get heated with each other.

Frankly, I think that's great. Severely cuts back on the passive aggressive snarkery in favour of honest (if nasty) discourse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically the reboot added the rule that if you weren't paying attention when the rules were altered, that you were out of the game. I'm sorry, you'll have to wait until the next reboot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Basically the reboot added the rule that if you weren't paying attention when the rules were altered, that you were out of the game. I'm sorry, you'll have to wait until the next reboot.

What if I was here and paying attention, but so drunk I can't remember what happened?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, my comment was actually directed at Isaacc, but since you've alluded elsewhere to your relatively new status in RSP, I'll merely point out to you that there are no "admins" as such: There is Matthew M. Monin, community manager of BGG, and he is the rule of law in this forum. He can appoint and has appointed small cadres of irritating rules enforcers in the past, but all supplications and animal sacrifices should essentially be proffered to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Well, my comment was actually directed at Isaacc, but since you've alluded elsewhere to your relatively new status in RSP, I'll merely point out to you that there are no "admins" as such: There is Matthew M. Monin, community manager of BGG, and he is the rule of law in this forum. He can appoint and has appointed small cadres of irritating rules enforcers in the past, but all supplications and animal sacrifices should essentially be proffered to him.

Fair enough, I'm sending him two goats as we speak and I plan on eviscerating a cow in his honour. Should the cow be virginal? Are human sacrifices acceptable? I have 4 children, and I'm sure 3 of them are still pure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Sit beside the breakfast table Think about your troubles Pour yourself a cup of tea Then think about the bubbles
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
since you've alluded elsewhere to your relatively new status in RSP, I'll merely point out to you that there are no "admins" as such

What??? This makes no sense. As I understood things all the employees working in Tower 6 at BGG corporate park worked solely on rules enforcement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Billythehut wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:
since you've alluded elsewhere to your relatively new status in RSP, I'll merely point out to you that there are no "admins" as such

What??? This makes no sense. As I understood things all the employees working in Tower 6 at BGG corporate park worked solely on rules enforcement.

I wish I worked in Tower 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Octavian wrote:
Billythehut wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:

Have fun down in Pod 3, sucker!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
Octavian wrote:
Billythehut wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:

Have fun down in Pod 3, sucker!

At least he's not with those jerks in Pod 6 - I don't even know why we have a Pod 6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
isaacc wrote:

I mentioned an "RSP reboot" as a joke in response to CapAp mentioning Crisis on Infinite Earths.

If that's what you're thinking of I was making fun of DC Comics, and it had nothing to do with RSP.

Yes, but you're not the only one to make a comment. What has changed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there was a formal agreement/statement that there would be a general reduction of moderation standards for this board.

Frankly given the OH IT'S JUST (insert conservative toolbag here) DON'T WORRY ABOUT HIM CALLING ALL LIBERALS NAMES prevailing attitude, even bizarrely among liberal posters here I'm in favor of it.

I support consistent moderation, either no flaming/trolling/etc., per the standard rules or basically no moderation except in the most extreme cases. We've opted for the second on this board, which to be very frank really lowers the standard of discourse, but considering that many of the conservative posters here seem to be incapable of making points which don't boil down to chest thumping and name calling I guess if we banned their only avenue of discourse, we'd have either a lot more banning or a lot less traffic.

Personally I wouldn't miss it but apparently some would and I'm willing to go with the majority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:
DCAnderson wrote:
isaacc wrote:

I mentioned an "RSP reboot" as a joke in response to CapAp mentioning Crisis on Infinite Earths.

If that's what you're thinking of I was making fun of DC Comics, and it had nothing to do with RSP.

Yes, but you're not the only one to make a comment. What has changed?

Drew is now a gay rights militia leader and lives with Christopher Bird, together they sell black market weapons in Montana. Darilian is a hardline follower of Rousseau, and DW actually watches Fox News and listens to Rush Limbaugh.

Oh, David desJardins turned out to be Mike Chapel's sock puppet.

Other than than it is mostly the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
I think there was a formal agreement/statement that there would be a general reduction of moderation standards for this board.

Frankly given the OH IT'S JUST (insert conservative toolbag here) DON'T WORRY ABOUT HIM CALLING ALL LIBERALS NAMES prevailing attitude, even bizarrely among liberal posters here I'm in favor of it.

I support consistent moderation, either no flaming/trolling/etc., per the standard rules or basically no moderation except in the most extreme cases. We've opted for the second on this board, which to be very frank really lowers the standard of discourse, but considering that many of the conservative posters here seem to be incapable of making points which don't boil down to chest thumping and name calling I guess if we banned their only avenue of discourse, we'd have either a lot more banning or a lot less traffic.

Personally I wouldn't miss it but apparently some would and I'm willing to go with the majority.
Was it a majority, or just loud mouths?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
mbmbmbmbmb
clockwerk76 wrote:
Frankly, I think that's great. Severely cuts back on the passive aggressive snarkery in favour of honest (if nasty) discourse.

You suck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Gialmere wrote:
clockwerk76 wrote:

You suck.

Some would say that those who say "You suck" to other people are pompous assholes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I either want no moderation, or very strict moderation. I'm a big boy and can handle being called any insults, so no moderation sounds fine. But if we're going to outlaw some insults, I'd prefer those rules be rigorously enforced so that it's not just some game of "how do I phrase my insult in a way that avoids moderation but still gets the point across that this guy is an idiot?".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BagelManB wrote:
I either want no moderation, or very strict moderation. I'm a big boy and can handle being called any insults, so no moderation sounds fine. But if we're going to outlaw some insults, I'd prefer those rules be rigorously enforced so that it's not just some game of "how do I phrase my insult in a way that avoids moderation but still gets the point across that this guy is an idiot?".

This is what most parliamentary bodies have (e.g., you're allowed to imply that your distinguished colleague's ideas are incredibly stupid, but you aren't allowed to call him or her an idiot), and it seems to work pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
BagelManB wrote:

This is what most parliamentary bodies have (e.g., you're allowed to imply that your distinguished colleague's ideas are incredibly stupid, but you aren't allowed to call him or her an idiot), and it seems to work pretty well.

Whatever, Chapel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gialmere wrote:
clockwerk76 wrote:

You suck.

Eat shit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
chaendlmaier wrote:
I actually can't remember anyone leaving after the change. (Well, Drew did, but he returned within a few weeks.)

Not just that one time. I've taken a lot of breaks from this place. I'm about due for another one, I figure.

I can't promise not to say a lot of stupid, liberal things in your absence.

Wait! I should remember my audience. One of those words was unnecessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leland Pike
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clockwerk76 wrote:
From what I can tell, the admins realized we're all adults...
What are they smoking?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
lelandpike wrote:
clockwerk76 wrote:
From what I can tell, the admins realized we're all adults...
What are they smoking?

Haven't you heard?

Aldie moved the servers to Colorado, and all the Admins now telecommute out of Seattle!!!!

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
mbmbmbmbmb
clockwerk76 wrote:
Gialmere wrote:
clockwerk76 wrote:

You suck.

Eat shit.

He speaks softly and carries a .44 Magnum ... I like this guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.