Tom Grant
United States
Washington
DC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After waiting for the patch and getting my ass handed to me repeatedly, finally won playing a 1965 USAF short campaign. Truck park and railroad destroyed. Wow, that was hard.

Next step: a longer 1965 campaign. Don't feel quite ready to take on bandits and sites together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingdaddy wrote:
After waiting for the patch and getting my ass handed to me repeatedly, finally won playing a 1965 USAF short campaign. Truck park and railroad destroyed. Wow, that was hard.

Next step: a longer 1965 campaign. Don't feel quite ready to take on bandits and sites together.

I'm thinking of getting this (iPad version) for my birthday - ya gotta celebrate right...I'm wondering what the replayability is like with the AI

Knowing their games, well Leader ones, Hornet I love, the printed ones are excellent. I guess they put a lot of time into the AI 'player' for iPad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Helgeson
United States
Mckinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no AI. It's a solitaire game. It prevents you from making illegal moves but there is no AI other than the game system itself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

Is it all patched up now? I was going to wait for it to be repaired before I got it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
helge52 wrote:
There is no AI. It's a solitaire game. It prevents you from making illegal moves but there is no AI other than the game system itself

the game system IS the AI..

the purpose of AI is to give an illusion of intellegence on the computer's side , and every kind of solitaire game have this either using ruling or tables to resolve computer movement
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
russell granberry
United States
topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Kingdaddy wrote:

Actually, I find the game a little easier in the longer campaigns when your taking 4-7 planes each mission (even with the skipped phases).... And just because the mission calls for say 1 bandit in each section rarely means you'll see 4 total bandits. Not every chit pulled is a bandit, some are "no bandit."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
helge52 wrote:

Well a simple AI, but not a full blown one. I prefer this approach. This is excellent news! I have Hornet Leader & have had 100's of hrs of gaming with it, but it's hard to leave games setup with kids around. The iPad is perfict for gaming, and drawing and... Maybe Hornet will also be released for iPad...

After I read Tom's initial comment a "...After waiting for the patch and getting my ass handed to me repeatedly, finally won.." I thought OH they have changed it with a full on 'puter opponent/AI...like Chess apps.

I'm buying!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a pity that so many of my failures are down to a couple of skipped attack phases (leaving my boys exposed to too much hostile fire), rather than tough game decisions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not realize this was a bug (missed attack phases) I just thought somehow I had messed up using the interface.
I did the upgrade and still missed attack phases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up making an attack with one aircraft as I couldn't get the others to follow in the attack. I musta done something wrong. I will be revisiting the game again this weekend.

I had a great time though & enjoyed the tension!

All attack phases seemed to be working ok but I'm stil finding my way a bit. the tutorial helps a lot though.

Are there still bugs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dirty Harry wrote:

Are there still bugs?

Hi Mike, Unfortunately there are still a few bugs that prevent the pilot from attacking in certain situations. A fix has been submitted to Apple and is waiting for approval.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soofaloofa wrote:
Dirty Harry wrote:

Are there still bugs?

Hi Mike, Unfortunately there are still a few bugs that prevent the pilot from attacking in certain situations. A fix has been submitted to Apple and is waiting for approval.

Ahh cool no worries I'll try & keep track of the game as I go see if I find anything. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.