Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had a good game with my new mate Jeremy and harrison got killed so the rules say that he is not dead but incapacitated as a event might change his status.

one card says harrision can shoot at the nearest enemy and rally men.
is he allowed to do this while incapacitated.

so how does it work could not find any cards that say he stops being incapacitated.

also got my last man off the board in the first phase of the turn,to gain extra VP's does the turn end there or do you finish the next two phases of the turn.

thx
Amos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pseudonym
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If he is incapacitated (I believe) he is essentially "dead" for that scenario/map. He will be back in action on the next map. This way if you are playing several maps in a row (i.e. a campaign) you do not run into a story card on the next map that has a requirement of a "dead" character.

I hope that makes sense.

Though this does bring out the question of what if he is captured. I guess he *escapes* and is back in the fight for the next map....

-Jeff M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you will look through the story deck, there is an event which could "revive" a downed Character.

But while incapacitated, nothing else makes one shoot or move or anything else. If he is captured and off board, he is out of this scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
o right had a look at deck never spotted it will lok at thx kevin
Amos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="kduke"]If you will look through the story deck, there is an event which could "revive" a downed Character.q]

Went through Day of Days & Road To Carentan decks and no card that
"revives" a character

I think i must have the card missing ,has anyone any idea of the card number plz.

Amos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember a prolonged discussion about the wording in the rules about Characters "dying" or not in a scenario that is not part of a campaign. Jeff said (then) that one of the reason was the possibility of them being revived. I was just remembering that and now wonder if, when they did some revisions and cleanups, if they removed what may have been confusing or contentious in time.

So now only I am confused, but I've just shared that.

Anyone else spotted an event that would make "the lame walk again"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One card "Medic" says flip a wounded soilders card back over

Amos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pseudonym
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if that would apply to an incapacitated soldier though.

-Jeff M.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce E. Schwark
United States
Manitowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My DoD card #12 indicates that Maier if wounded, becomes un-wounded. I don't know however if he were "killed" if one would revive him to "wounded"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at the wording in the rules. Didn't it say that the "incapacitated" Character basically counted like he was "wounded" (except he isn't moving or shooting)?

I'm thinking this is the old bit of business I was recalling... Given that there are a number of events tied to the Characters, Jeff wanted them to be... resilient in hanging around for the entire scenario.
(Hey, part of the inspiration here is comic books, don't forget!)

Anyway, this may tie the question up as tightly as we can, and you can decide for yourselves how you want to handle it in non-tourney play.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

I've just posted some pix from La Fiere Bridge, where you can find 2 more Landmark tiles and 20 scenarios. 19 of them can be played with Day of Days only. One (a BIG one) requires some tiles from Road to Carentan also.

Looks like fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules:

Quote:
If there are Character cards in the story deck, then the Character figure cannot be "killed" in the scenario. If he receives a Kill effect or is Wounded and receives an additional Wound (which normally kills the Soldier) then he is incapacitated in the scenario. Something may happen in the scenario that changes his status. If the scenario ends and he is still laying wounded, consider him as a Kill in terms of Victory Points.

It does leave it open for interpretation as to whether an incapacitation is treated as a wounded character or not. I would just house rule it that they are considered incapacitated/wounded and could be revived by a card that flips wounded back.

But then there's a whole new issue. If you consider them incapacitated, you could also argue that they could be dragged off the battlefield as a prisoner for those points. That might be more points than just treating them as killed at the end of a scenario if they're still on the field, as stated in the rules. I would just say that incapacitated is just unconscious with the card to the wounded side giving the appearance of being dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As up to now , I see that none of the scenarios are "linked" the characters can be used if they got killed in the last game or not,so i can't see why we need the incapacitated rule anyway.
If they get killed they get killed.
Amos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent point. And as a reminder, the rules also state that if the characters aren't named in a scenario, you may choose them and use them normally, including getting killed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the comic book story

Sgt Harrison gets killed(figure on it's side)then story card 17 RTC comes out and triggers the event
"Harrison 022-210 provides cover fire.SHOOT at nearest enemy soilder and rally 3 US soilders"

Even being on the brink of death Sgt Harrision angry manages the rise his weapon and takes aim on a closing enemy soilder.
The shot rings out and he yells to his young privates " Quick run ,get out of here ,i'll try and hold them off" then falls unconscious again.

Private Packer reports "Christ i thought the Sgt was dead,
me jo and stan ran for cover, we never seen him again"
Brave Sgt Harrision RIP cry
Amos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Boone
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does an incapacitated character still contribute his draw card ability, if he has one, to the hand draw size?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwboone wrote:
Does an incapacitated character still contribute his draw card ability, if he has one, to the hand draw size?

No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.