Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a demo from Gen Con and I am really excited about the push/pull of the balance of the force mechanism.

Every turn this can change sides, and when someone takes the balance from you on their turn, you want to take it back and keep it till the end of their next turn. I really like this power struggle as an ongoing battle on TOP of the conflicts you are already dealing with.

This reminds me of the end of most of the Movies, actually. There's usually 2-4 different things going on at the same time that we are trying to keep up with. In this game, we're dealing with the Balance of the Force, the attack and defense of objectives, AND there's a bunch of edge battles going on all at the same time! (did I miss any conflicts?)

I had not really realized how much the balance of the Force would matter until I saw it in a turn. Really looking forward to playing this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thats why this appeals to me. orginally I thought this game was just a generic combat game. but with force, objectives, and edge battles. alot of the strategy and thought will go to committing what characters to where.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Vensko
Belarus
Minsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would add at least captures and rescues to that. Also I like card sets which include cards with weaknesses to be exploited by your opponent and possibility to lose when your draw pool is exhausted (even if you just one step close to victory).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Molleda Garcia
Spain
Carbajal de la Legua
Leon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think most of the capture/rescue cards will be added in the Edge of Darkness expansion box, Scum and Villainy looks really focused on capturing enemies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Anderson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
But we've only seen one Scum and Villainy objective set so far. Is that enough to judge a whole affiliation? Both the Sith and the Imperial Navy also have objectives that use the capturing mechanic (Cruel Interrogations and Take Them Prisoner respectively).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.