Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Lockard
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a player is executing the copied order (while plotting) of an opponent that used 2 cards of the same color to execute any order, what is the copied order? Is it the order of the 2 cards (displayed on the domain), or is it the chosen order of the opponent?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We always rule that it copies the actual cards, not the order. Otherwise, this would be the only thing that requires any form of book keeping.

Mind you, I have no idea what the official ruling is (but I'd certainly like to know) but I think our interpretation makes more sense.

It also offers a bit more tactical depth by sometimes giving you a reason to play a pair instead of the correct single just to hurt an opponent who must plot during his next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook:

Quote:

When you Plot, you play no card but you can
copy the Order from the card(s) on another
player's Domain, provided you have at least one
Activity of the same color

You copy the activity from the "card", not from whatever action they used the card for. You can use this strategically too. In our game there was a shortage of blue orders. When I had one in my hand, I chose to play two other cards to take the Trade action rather than exposing a blue card from my board and allowing other players to also take the trade action using the blue card on my domain...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.