4 Posts

Horse Fever» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions I encountered rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Wong
msg tools
mbmb
Testing out the family game myself solo prior to introducing to friends. Quite an interesting game! I'll get to the board game version later...anyways questions as below.

1. If I use Alfio Allibratore or Steven Sting Action Cards, where once it is revealed the odds are moved, does that mean all movement cards revealed will follow the updated odds marker positions? (eg card reveals a 1:2 horse to move to 1:4, and no horses are at 1:2, so if the movement card reveals any movements for 1:2, nothing happens because there's no horses at 1:2)

2. If a player can't make the minimum bet, he would lose 2 VP and can bet at any amount he wants?

Edit: One more, but I have a horse stacked with both Aqua Putrida (start-1) and Magna Velocitas (start=4). I believe this means that Magna Velocitas would override the other card because it says the start is 4?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Correct
2) No, they lose 2 VP and do not make a bet
3) I don't have the cards in front of me, so I don't know if they have the same letter (and thus cancel each other out), but if not, then the horse would have a start value of 3 (-1 is a modifier to the start=4)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Wong
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks! I don't think that it said in the manual if the player loses 2VP he can't bet. That confused me a bit.

Also the two cards I mentioned are both of different letters. IIRC Magna Velocitas is an A and Aqua Putrida is a B, but it doesn't mean anything unless they're both of the same letter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silva Lorenzo
Italy
Milano
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Justin is correct!

About the cards, because the letter is not the same you have to apply both, so you will Start = 4 -1 (Start = 3)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.