Subject: What shall I get from the current Kickstarter? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jools Thomas
Japan
Takarazuka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already got the base set and will be ordering Shattered Timelines and Vengeance from the current Kickstarter. To be honest, I am quite happy with that. Is there anything else on offer tht people consider absolutely essential?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Jools wrote:
I've already got the base set and will be ordering Shattered Timelines and Vengeance from the current Kickstarter. To be honest, I am quite happy with that. Is there anything else on offer tht people consider absolutely essential?

This isn't an amazing game just by existing. Where this game thrives on is its variety and the combinations you can make.

I think you'll get a lot of entertainment out of base+shattered timelines, but I'd recommend going for base+shattered timelines+older expansions before jumping into Vengeance - and if possible, get everything.

Vengeance will arrive late next year, so if you're getting stuff shipped to you all the way out in Japan, skip it for now and just get a single shipment next spring with as many current expansions as you can afford.

And I hope you have 2-3 friends (*who can read English really well) to play with regularly who don't get hung up over a game with a lot of wild swings of luck in it. In the right group this game really shines, but with a bunch of random-is-the-devil Euro players, it's not going to work.

So there it is. Get as much as you can afford, and since it's getting shipped out to Japan, I'd say stick to a single shipment, and an earlier one (by skipping Vengeance for now). And definitely get the promo decks (the alternate hero/villain cards aren't as essential, but the promo decks add more variety to the game, and that's all good).

Cheers.

Ganbatte!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McGregor
United States
Flushing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also pick up Unity and Ambuscade.

Unity is a very fun character, and quite powerful. She uses robots to do the dirty work for her.

Ambuscade is a lower difficulty boss that uses devices and cloaking to defeat the heroes.

This is the cheapest you will be able to get them. If you purchase them from Greater Than at a later date they will run you about 20 bucks with shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Takarazuka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Greg and David, maybe I'll pick up one of the older expansions as well then. Which do you think out of Rook City and Infernal Relics?

Ganbarimasu!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd get it all, but if you're looking on what to get first, here's my preference.

Oversized Villain cards. They just make the game flow so much easier. A must buy.

Infernal Relics. I find I enjoy the villains and heroes from the set more than Rook City.

Rook City. Very difficult villains, so if you find the game too easy, this will ramp up the challenge.

Mini expansions. Unity is fun, but either useless or overpowering depending on if she gets those bots out. Ambuscade is an enteraining villain, but not a very difficult one.

Shattered Vengeance would be the last choice for me if I was concerned about how much I spent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am surprised no one has said it, but but in terms of price/number of decks the best is to go for the Enhanced Edition.

Of course going for more is better...but getting EE should be the first priority. Personally I did not like that much Rook City (villains are indeed harder, but their mechanics make them a bit boring imo). Second suggestion would be Shattered Timelines (since each expansion seems better, at least from impression).

Only if you have money to spare I would recommend the expensive ambuscade/unity...and in the lat position the oversized villains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
I am surprised no one has said it, but but in terms of price/number of decks the best is to go for the Enhanced Edition.

Of course going for more is better...but getting EE should be the first priority. Personally I did not like that much Rook City (villains are indeed harder, but their mechanics make them a bit boring imo). Second suggestion would be Shattered Timelines (since each expansion seems better, at least from impression).

Only if you have money to spare I would recommend the expensive ambuscade/unity...and in the lat position the oversized villains.

Yeah, I should have listed that first. I was making the assumption that the OP already owned the Enhanced Edition. If not, get that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Riddle
United States
Leesburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jkayati wrote:
I was making the assumption that the OP already owned the Enhanced Edition. If not, get that!

no need to make an assumption. the first thing the OP mentions is that he has the base game. it helps to READ posts before you reply to them, folks.

and my own reply is to pick up the oversized cards and the Unity deck (which is so much fun).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.