Subject: About a Banana game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rafael Duarte
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gameplay: Each player receives one of the hidden tokens. The player who receives the Win token revels it and his objective is to choose the player who have the BananaToken. If he chooses the Banana they both win the game. If he choose the player with the Lose token that player is the one who wins the game round.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

What I like:
- It is a very psychological game.
- Quickness in which it is played.
- Despite being a game for only 3 players is quite fun just to watch a game round.
- It looks like a very random game but if you play with the same people a few times in a row, you can recognize patterns on player’s attitudes.

What I don’t like:
- There is nothing not to like. Does not have pretensions to be more than it is.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Components: 2
This is based on my edition which was just an offer that came with the game Fealty. But the original edition have cards instead of tokens.
Complexity: 1
You can explain all rules in seconds.
Interactivity: 10
The interaction between players is all in this game.
Luck: 4
I know that many disagree but for me this is not a game of luck. It is a psychological game about influence the other players.
Worth the time: 10
A game that can last only 30 seconds and is fun of course it’s worth the time.
Replayability: 7
It’s not a game that will be played everyday but from time to time it will be played.
Fun: 8
If is not fun to convince someone that you are a banana then I do not know what is fun..
Gamedesign: 8
Does everything that is expected to do. Just because it is such a simple game can not be good?
Geral: 8
The simpler game of my collection but have never disappointed anyone with whom I have played. And never was played less than 10 times in the same session, we always want to play another round. My only compliment are this components. (but as said before I have just the free edition)

Should you buy it?
Yes. It costs 1$ in Asmadi website and is worth every cent. (or do as I’ve done buy Fealty and receive the free this edition of Win, Lose, Banana)

This review was originally posted on www.aboutboardgames.wordpress.com (visit for better layout)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Walker
United States
Great Falls
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
If is not fun to convince someone that you are a banana then I do not know what is fun.

ha well put, sir. I can't wait to spring this one on my friends. Nice review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
harmonicaman79 wrote:
Quote:
If is not fun to convince someone that you are a banana then I do not know what is fun.

ha well put, sir. I can't wait to spring this one on my friends. Nice review.
Yep. This is the winning quote from this review.

This game is in no way random, and I'm very glad to hear from others that appreciate the psychology behind this really quite impressive piece of design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
It was in my copy of flowerfall!

can't beat that deal...I'm a banana! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The scene in Despicable Me where the minions go bananas comes to mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Byrd
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just gonna leave this here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.