Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
This is a fan submission. I am in no way related to Marvel or the Legendary design/publishing process. Anyone can use or ignore these suggestions with or without telling/paying me!

Common card: Telekinetic Rescue
Symbols: Xmen, Ranged
Cost: 4
Strength: 2
The villain of your choice returns all of their captured bystanders to the bystander deck.

Uncommon card: Psychic Connection
Symbols: Xmen, Instinct
Cost: 6
Stars: 2+/-
Each other player reveals the top card of their deck. +2 stars for each hero; -2 stars for each wound.

Rare card: Mind Control
Symbols: Xmen, Ranged, Brute
Cost: 8
Strength: 4
The next villain you fight this turn is placed into your deck. You may ignore Fight effects. All villains in your deck have no symbols/color, but have strength equal to their Fight strength. At the end of the game, place all such villains in your victory pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please post these kind of things under variants

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't there be two common cards?
Anyway, I think that a common card that gives 2 stars and offers a discount on Xmen heroes for this turn would be appropriate. Or it could just give more stars if you played another Xmen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
stadi wrote:
Please post these kind of things under variants

Sorry... first time posting something like this.
Feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place.

Does this qualify as a "Variant" though? This is not a change to the rules; it's more like a hypothetical expansion/promo card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Isch
United States
chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the post is fine. Good ideas or thoughts. I would like too see Prof.X in an expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Variants
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Fakename
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't think Prof X ever had any TK powers? I think he's purely Telepathy, mind control, Phy bolts, Astral projection. Nothing that works on physical objects. So your s*** out of luck with robots.
That said I missed a good few years of X-men so they could of changed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the other common: calling all x-men
cost:4
stars:*
You may recruit an X-Man hero with a cost of 5 or less from HQ for free. If you do not then *=3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J W
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
Rare: Cerebro Search

X-men, Instinct
: 4

[instinct]: Search your discard pile and draw pile for a X-men hero that costs 5 or less, reveal it and draw it. OR you may gain a wound, search your discard pile and draw pile for any X-men hero, reveal it and draw it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Anderson
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Just for simplicities sake, rather than doing the + - thing for the stars, I would instead just do something like they get to keep the card if it gives rep, and return it back if it is a wound or damage or something. Unless it isn't the other player that gets the stars but rather the OP that does, if that's the case I would say choose a player instead and gain the value of that players top cars (just the base effect) and if that happens to be a wound take the wound from that player (curing them and wounding you).

That way you don't get the card much more powerful based on the number of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Chaz wrote:
This is a fan submission. I am in no way related to Marvel or the Legendary design/publishing process. Anyone can use or ignore these suggestions with or without telling/paying me!

Common card: Telekinetic Rescue
Symbols: Xmen, Ranged
Cost: 4
Strength: 2
The villain of your choice returns all of their captured bystanders to the bystander deck.

Uncommon card: Psychic Connection
Symbols: Xmen, Instinct
Cost: 6
Stars: 2+/-
Each other player reveals the top card of their deck. +2 stars for each hero; -2 stars for each wound.

Rare card: Mind Control
Symbols: Xmen, Ranged, Brute
Strength: 4
The next villain you fight this turn is placed into your deck. You may ignore Fight effects. All villains in your deck have no symbols/color, but have strength equal to their Fight strength. At the end of the game, place all such villains in your victory pile.

Isn't this rare the actual Professor X rare? Have you been involved in developing that card ? or has the company been "inspired" by your variant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's similar to it, for sure. But Jeff @ UDE said they don't look at the variant cards posted by us on here, mostly because it would hit a chain of legality issues if they were to use any of the content from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Mostly a coincidence, but also a "shot in the dark" exercise. Clearly it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to come up with some of these cards/powers.

Pretty amazing necro post though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.