Michael Cohen
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
Please help me out with the following issues:

Monster targeting - If there are multiple possible targets available for a monster's tactic, which enemy does he target. For example - a Monster tactic says if the monster is adjacent to a hero, it attacks that hero. What happens if he's adjacent to two heroes?

Encounters affecting monsters - what happens when things like Volcanic Explosion do damage to all heroes, but *not* all monsters? Doesn't make sense.

What if a 2x2 monster is supposed to move from tile A to tile B, but no path is available to squeeze his bulky frame through an opening? Because of the way the walls are laid out, there is only a one frame space. Or suppose the move would take him into a Narrow Passage?

Thanks,
Vandervecken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a monster has multiply targets the active player chooses,
so usually one with most life or high ac..

you might house rule for a harder game he goes for weakest fewest hit points..
or the model/player who's turns next..

encounter do not affect monsters as they are assumed to know the perils of the area/dungeon and know how to avoid them..
i can't to mind remember if some encounters do target monsters as well.
i don't think so..
if its lava burst assume they know the tell tale signs like a rumble or vibration the hero miss and they suddenly go to cover, a bit abstract i know.

large monsters can squeeze so they ignore walls in away there model can over lap walls.. they can not travel though walls does that make sense, i imagine they are on the on the roof e.g spider like.. or putting the arm though the gap or just barreling though..

and if a monster is astride 2 tiles. choose which ever is best for the heros...

a common rule of thumb for D&D system is rule in favor of the players over the monsters..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two general rules that will answer 99% of all questions about this game:

-Cards and abilities do exactly what they say they do. There are no rules about pathing or line of sight so you ignore both of those things. Occasionally not making sense is the tradeoff for having a reasonably short playing time.

-When any ambiguity arises, active hero decides. This includes stuff like monster tactics. So in the case with two heroes adjacent to a monster, whichever hero is controlling the monster gets to choose which player it attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cohen
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Milarky wrote:
encounter do not affect monsters as they are assumed to know the perils of the area/dungeon and know how to avoid them..
i can't to mind remember if some encounters do target monsters as well.
i don't think so..

The Juicer. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.