Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: little help for a newbie. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
Just played the tutorial and the fist mission solo and a few questions came up.
Loving the game and after thinkng this is going to be a cake walk i got SERVED big time.
I was worried the game may be a little simplistic but after playing I found the game to be the right balance of speed of play and complexity really exciting and brutal.
I have the all things zombie boardgame and i must say this is soooo much more fun. anywhoo back on track.
Any help would be cool.

1 If zeds are about to move and their has been no noise this turn and they dont have line of sight do they still move?. I played yes

2. If a character dies who had a higher level than the others do you then draw spawn cards based on the next level down character. I played yes

3. if a character levels up mid turn does the bonus kick in on their next turn? I assume yes

4. If you have the loads of ammo card on your character do you add another noise marker for each re roll?. I assumed yes.

5. the way i played runners having two actions was to move or attack with them along with the regular zeds then after resolving their first action moving or attacking only with the runners again depeding on their situation.

6.I noticed that some of the spawn cards have a fatty with a plus sign on him what does that mean?

thanks in advance

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
if my understanding of the rules are correct

1. they still move as each character counts as a single noise token even if they skip their turn

2. spawn difficulty is based on the highest character dead or alive

3. the new ability kicks in immediately

4. not sure about this one thematically it works cuz it's like taking an extra shot, rules wise I read it as a no new sound token

5. correct

6. abomination figure, no idea why they didnt just use his shadow I stead of reusing the fatty and adding a plus symbol
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jokerman wrote:
Hi all,
Just played the tutorial and the fist mission solo and a few questions came up.
Loving the game and after thinkng this is going to be a cake walk i got SERVED big time.
I was worried the game may be a little simplistic but after playing I found the game to be the right balance of speed of play and complexity really exciting and brutal.
I have the all things zombie boardgame and i must say this is soooo much more fun. anywhoo back on track.
Any help would be cool.

1 If zeds are about to move and their has been no noise this turn and they dont have line of sight do they still move?. I played yes

2. If a character dies who had a higher level than the others do you then draw spawn cards based on the next level down character. I played yes

3. if a character levels up mid turn does the bonus kick in on their next turn? I assume yes

4. If you have the loads of ammo card on your character do you add another noise marker for each re roll?. I assumed yes.

5. the way i played runners having two actions was to move or attack with them along with the regular zeds then after resolving their first action moving or attacking only with the runners again depeding on their situation.

6.I noticed that some of the spawn cards have a fatty with a plus sign on him what does that mean?

thanks in advance



I don't have the rules in front of me, so I'll just answer the ones I know off the top of my head.

1. Survivors generate noise, even if they do nothing. So there are always at least one noise token per survivor being placed.

2. Yes; you spawn zombies based on the highest active survivor level.

5. All zombies move first; then the ones that didn't move, attack. So, if a runner moves into a zone with a survivor, it stops and then attacks during the attack phase.

6. The Fatty with a "plus sign" is an Abomination. Spawn the Abomination.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Robinson
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What a great game! my group really loves this one.

Don't have all the answers but I'll answer what we know and how we play it.

1. Every character has a noise level of 1 due to making some noise. The rule book says they are breathing. Therefore you will always have noise. Each character in a space is +1 noise. 3 characters = 3 noise.

3. No immediately. You can kill a zombie on your last action, level up, and get the benefit such as +1 action that you may then immediately use.

4. We play it no but could certainly be playing this one wrong. Remember though that if you reroll you have to reroll all of the dice, not just the misses.

5. Yes runners get attack and then move for their first turn and then attack and move for their second. Deadly!

6. That means you put out an abomination not a fatty. Not sure why they did it that way but they did.

The FAQ on their website is very useful and does cover some of these questions.

Remember that in most games like this a lot is left up to interpretation and some of these answers I provided may not be completely accurate. I'm sure others will chime in.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Kucera
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
static
badge
static
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jokerman wrote:
2. If a character dies who had a higher level than the others do you then draw spawn cards based on the next level down character. I played yes

Your other questions were answered fairly definitively in this thread, but you've got conflicting answers for this one. From the rulebook:
The Rules wrote:
Place the amount of Zombies which is shown on the color that corresponds to the Danger Level of the most experienced Survivor still in the game

So you played it correctly - dead survivors do not count, so it's possible to "move down" a spawn level when someone dies, if they were the only one at the higher experience level.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sekhmet wrote:
Jokerman wrote:
2. If a character dies who had a higher level than the others do you then draw spawn cards based on the next level down character. I played yes

Your other questions were answered fairly definitively in this thread, but you've got conflicting answers for this one. From the rulebook:
The Rules wrote:
Place the amount of Zombies which is shown on the color that corresponds to the Danger Level of the most experienced Survivor still in the game

So you played it correctly - dead survivors do not count, so it's possible to "move down" a spawn level when someone dies, if they were the only one at the higher experience level.


somehow I missed that and have been playing it wrong, i'll just leave it house ruled though as I cant imagine losing a member of your group actually making survival easier
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Kucera
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
static
badge
static
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MCollier wrote:
somehow I missed that and have been playing it wrong, i'll just leave it house ruled though as I cant imagine losing a member of your group actually making survival easier

To be fair, it rarely makes a difference, at least in all the rounds that I've played. Typically when someone dies there's at least one more person who was in the same level, so it wouldn't affect the zombie spawning. Still, I have seen it happen a few times, and I'm generally grateful for whatever breaks I can get. :)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MCollier wrote:
2. spawn difficulty is based on the highest character dead or alive

That's incorrect. The rules specifically say that if the most experienced Survivor dies, the spawns now follow the level of the next most experienced survivors, possibly dropping to a lower level. Dead survivors are out of the game and don't affect it in any way.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:
Dead survivors are out of the game and don't affect it in any way.


Yet...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
timmontana wrote:
5. Yes runners get attack and then move for their first turn and then attack and move for their second. Deadly!



I really hope you meant to type "or" rather than "and"....a runner that could attack, move, attack, move all in one activation really WOULD be deadly!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you are quite right. My typo i meant OR.
Like the zombies need any help.....
I have played again a couple of times {so addictive} and been served twice again.
I also realised I am playing wrong
firstly i did not realise you can move all survivors in any order you like in solitaire games.
second didnt implement the zombie split rule {nasty}
and lastly
I did not spawn zombies when opening buildings or for the sewer cards.
this is going to be sooo hard.
ANY TIPS FOR SURVIVAL FROM SEASONED ZOMBIE HUNTERS WOULD BE COOL.

on the subject when you spawn for building do you still use all the usuall spawn card thingS like sewer,all walkers move etc?.

Just loving this game......
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that a better dead than zed rule would be cool.
spend an action to shoot your ex pats through the head or lop their heads of so they dont come back. Thats assuming you are close to them when they die

If they have not been put down within two turns they come back as a runner but if you try to shoot or hit them you have to roll 1 d6 and on a 1 to 3 you just cant do it and waste your action also they could be added to the kill priority list as the last target.

he he this is way better than monopoly or scrabblezombie
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jokerman wrote:
Yes you are quite right. My typo i meant OR.
Like the zombies need any help.....
I have played again a couple of times {so addictive} and been served twice again.
I also realised I am playing wrong
firstly i did not realise you can move all survivors in any order you like in solitaire games.
second didnt implement the zombie split rule {nasty}
and lastly
I did not spawn zombies when opening buildings or for the sewer cards.
this is going to be sooo hard.
ANY TIPS FOR SURVIVAL FROM SEASONED ZOMBIE HUNTERS WOULD BE COOL.

on the subject when you spawn for building do you still use all the usuall spawn card thingS like sewer,all walkers move etc?.

Just loving this game......


If you're still trying to beat Scenario 01, move on to another one!
(but, note that Y-Zone as in the rule book is 'broken' (it's very very very easy, particularly using Wanda) and some say Grindhouse is broken too, but I've played that 3 times with 6 players and lost twice!)

And, yes, you do use sewer and extra activation cards when opening buildings - just do whatever it is and don't put zombies in that particular room.

Also, you didn't happen to buy the game off Ebay did you?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HI,
THX for the hedsup
I have learned never to go of alone,
try and carry a ranged and a close combat weapon
carry a piece of useless tat with you in case you are attacked so you can sacrifice that.
and when exploring try to do the larger shops/houses first to avoid any extra nasty suprises as the difficultyincreases.
No I bought the game from a place called Dicebay run by a very nice chap called Garry {also a gamer}.
He is quite close to me so im able to meet him to collect and avoid postage.
If you search online you will find him he is based in Brighton.
Why do you ask??.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jokerman wrote:

No I bought the game from a place called Dicebay run by a very nice chap called Garry {also a gamer}.
He is quite close to me so im able to meet him to collect and avoid postage.
If you search online you will find him he is based in Brighton.
Why do you ask??.


I sold a set (with "abomination pack 'lite'" as I called it) on ebay to someone in Brighton.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.