Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Kruczek
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading reviews and the rules I am being very very tempted by this which, given that wargames aren't my usual cup of tea, says something about its quality as a game and the enthusiasm it creates in players.

The only criticism that pops up with any regularity (and even then it's rare) is that a lot of bookkeeping is required. Now from reading the rules I don't think that there's so much that it would prevent me from playing or enjoying the game, but I sense that an app or even an Excel file would help me to enjoy the game even more.

Does anyone know of any play aids, however simple, that would help with that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is something I did in PDF format. I also included the excel file, but I don't use it to digitally enter data: TAL Campaign AAR & Mission Record.

I take more notes than necessary. However I find it helps me when I invariably make a mistake and want to retrace my steps to "do it the right way". You certainly don't need to use every thing I put in that zip file. Depending on your play style you may only use one or more pages.

Someone did a really good excel workbook for Hornet Leader: Carrier Air Operations: Hornet Leader CAO Campaign Log. But I don't think anyone has created any similar digital product for Thunderbolt Apache Leader.

If you don't care much for bookkeeping, the log sheet included from DVG might be sufficient for you. It's only one page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The log sheet should take care of all bookeeping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard dyrda
United States
Hawthorn Woods
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just following this up with......

Take the maintenance sheet or self made PDF to Kinko's. Laminate it for $1.25. You can buy a package of 10 grease pencils for about $10 and whammo you have an instantly reusable maintenance sheet. I've done this with Space Empires 4X and it works like a charm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dyrda wrote:
Just following this up with......

Take the maintenance sheet or self made PDF to Kinko's. Laminate it for $1.25. You can buy a package of 10 grease pencils for about $10 and whammo you have an instantly reusable maintenance sheet. I've done this with Space Empires 4X and it works like a charm.

Love the use of the word "whammo" in this explanation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.