GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,385 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Anarch - Noise rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cj Mitchell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Insert bad pun about wall of static here

Anwyay the list

ID

Noise - Hacker Extrodinaire

Breakers

3 Yog.o
2 Mimic
3 Corroder
1 Crypsis

Programs

3 Parasite
3 Djinn
3 Data Sucker
1 Medium

Hardware

3 Cyberfeeder

Resource

2 Ice Carver
1 Aseop's Pawn Shop (**)
2 Decoy (**)
2 Wildside
3 Codebusting

Events

3 Deja vu
3 Sure Gamble
3 Easy Mark (*)
3 FaO (**)
1 Demo run

--

Just a basic anarch build I guess, the token crypsis is in there as a skeleton key Djinn can find, and the token medium is there for your late game plan of assualt RnD when they play kingmaker. (and the lone demorun is for that situation).

Things on the deck

No Infiltrate - This was the most painful thing to remove, but there isn't room for it, with the deck's money problems I found they needed easy marks to get that burst back. This means I take calculated risks against advanced cards, usually a junebug for 2 or even 3 won't kill me. (Thanks to wild side)

Sacrificial Construct- I want to find room for these, because whilst I can risk it being a JB, I can't risk a secretary wrecking Djinn and setting me back to square 1. are the decoys needed? With all the pressure I put on killing ice (and making calculated risks) I'm thinking that a slow played Posted bounty won't be on the table too long.

No Grimmoire - Whilst the deck can run out of memory if installing lots of parasites it shouldn't come to that, and any other virus can be hosted on Djinn (Djinn can even host Djinn, but yeah don't walk into archer then ) Basically the deck hasn't had memory problems, whilst the 'viruses come precharged' is kinda nice I don't feel it completely neeeded.

Anyway thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still looking through the list but I believe you have the influence marks on sure gamble and easy mark mixed up.

Forged activation orders are only 2 influence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ward
United States
Yellow Springs
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always like to run Wyrm over Crypsis in my Anarch deck. It plays nice with Data-Sucker and Parasite. That said:

1) I would lean against removing infiltrate. Since the Anarch schtick is playing it dangerous, I'd personally hate to sink my already limited income into a run simply to blow my bank and end up against Red Herrings. Also, if you are strapped for cash, remember that you can simply gain two credits from Infiltration.

2) You alleviate this risk/need, I feel, by taking Special Orders and Grimoire (for the MU in this case). It will not only allow you to get an icebreaker engine running, but also allow you to shuffle your stack. That's always a good thing, especially if you're not drawing what you need. You could still run Crypsis with this too. Wyrm plays nice with the suite of Anarch ice breakers too, should you chose to go that route.

3) With Noise and viruses in general, I don't know why you wouldn't want to run with Grimoire. In the late game, especially with Data-Sucker/Parasite/Wyrm synergies, having your Deja Vu'd viruses return stronger is a very good thing. Plus, if your Medium get's hit by an Archer, you'll not be back to square one (assuming you retrieve it with Deja Vu).

I've played Anarch exclusively since I got Netrunner upon release with great success, however, these are just my observations. I hope I provided some insight or at least something to think about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cj Mitchell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tranenturm wrote:
Still looking through the list but I believe you have the influence marks on sure gamble and easy mark mixed up.

Forged activation orders are only 2 influence.

:/ Bah, see this is what happens when you type a deck list whilst trying to do 3 other things. Thanks and fixed

@Chris: Yeah the infiltrate thing was hard but I thought easy mark was better for the money, anyway the easy marks become sac constructs and infiltrate found it's way back in. The decoys became special order too, I always wanted to include that card (running crim from day 1 with 3 breakers and 3 FF in the deck I know that card is nuts).

Crypsis is a virus and as such can be tutored with Djinn, I had wyrm in and out of the deck I want to like it for it's interaction with parasite but it just seems too damn expensive. Crypsis is far from perfect but Djinn being able to find it and it breaking routines for 1 won out>

Anyway updated list:

Breakers

2 Yog.o
2 Mimic
2 Corroder
1 Crypsis

Programs

3 Parasite
3 Djinn
3 Data Sucker
1 Medium

Hardware

3 Cyberfeeder

Resource

2 Ice Carver
1 Aseop's Pawn Shop (**)
2 Wildside
3 Codebusting
3 Sacrifcial Construct (*)

Events

2 Speical Order (**)
3 Deja vu
3 Sure Gamble
3 Infiltrate
3 FaO (**)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ward
United States
Yellow Springs
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll agree there are benefits to Crypsis, especially the fact it can be hosted and retrieved by Djinn, thus helping in a pinch. However, I view Wyrm as a way to supplement not break. It can be used to speed up Parasite (especially with Data Sucker)and trash ice on a run or make use of the other cheap Anarch breakers (Yog lol).

Are you running into a lot of trashed programs in your meta-game? I suppose I've never really had issues with it, which is what generates my reluctance to include Sacrificial Construct in my build. That said, I adopt a pretty reckless and aggressive play style when I play Anarch, which has served me well these past few months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cj Mitchell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play aggressive with noise too, but playing against noise decks I know a "trash program" on their Djinn (which in turn trashes anything it's hosting) can set them back, Deja vu lets them recover in time yeah but that's a few extra turns bought by the corp.

With a lot of decks running archer and turret, I can see that happening which is why I run 3 constructs. It also gives me piece of mind running that face down card vs HB or Trap.dec as without them a flipped up secretary could be trouble.

If they happen to be dead, Aesop's turns them into easy marks. (with Wildsyde and deck thinning you see it most games eventually).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Kelly
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankiestFox wrote:
I view Wyrm as a way to supplement not break. It can be used to speed up Parasite (especially with Data Sucker)and trash ice on a run or make use of the other cheap Anarch breakers (Yog lol).

It's not really that cheap, is it? You have to pump Wyrm up to the ice's strength, then knock the ice down so Yog.0 can get through it. If you were using it to blow up critical pieces of ice, I could understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankiestFox wrote:
I'll agree there are benefits to Crypsis, especially the fact it can be hosted and retrieved by Djinn

Crypsis is an Icebreaker.

Djinn cannot host icebreakers.

Djin *can* retrieve Crypsis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sjoerd Dijkstra
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No console?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Collard
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
endgame wrote:
It's not really that cheap, is it? You have to pump Wyrm up to the ice's strength, then knock the ice down so Yog.0 can get through it. If you were using it to blow up critical pieces of ice, I could understand.

Do you? I haven't got the rulebook to hand, but I thought you only needed to match the ICE's strength to break a routine, so Wyrm can do its shrinking thing straight away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheshire Swift wrote:
Do you? I haven't got the rulebook to hand, but I thought you only needed to match the ICE's strength to break a routine, so Wyrm can do its shrinking thing straight away.

You need to match the strength to interact with the ice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Collard
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
You need to match the strength to interact with the ice.

Ah. I may have to rethink the number of Wyrms I include...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.