Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my copy of the game and unfortunately the inside of the box has a lot of mold spots...
I never had a game with mold. Does this spread to other components or even games? What can be done against it?
Any help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
leberegel wrote:
Just received my copy of the game and unfortunately the inside of the box has a lot of mold spots...
I never had a game with mold. Does this spread to other components or even games? What can be done against it?
Any help?

QUICKLY!!!! Burn your game. Before this takes over your house, infects your dog and eats the world...
OR
I have seen this once before. I took an antiseptic fluid and a wipe and wiped my box down, on the inside. I then carefully wiped the counter sheets (test an edge first in case it runs the ink).

It was fine after that.

good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be tempted to take the game back to the shop or as it sounds, return it to the online vendor. At least get in contact with the people you bought it off as they may be interested, eg other stock may be contaminated or the storage system is not kept at the right temperature etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
Enemy Action: Ardennes
badge
Possessed Tank never goes AWOL
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had the same problem. Moldy box, and the staples on the rulebook are completely rusted. Last time I had a similar problem with moldy product was with Field Commander: Napoleon. DVGs excellent customer service sent me a new box. I've contacted Nuts! requesting a replacement box and rulebook. Let's see how good their customer service is

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so Claude & the Nuts! Team responded to my email within a few hours letting me know they would send a new copy to me asap. Excellent customer service!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received replacement copy from the good folkes at Nuts! I've been waiting over a month for this. I was so happy when it finally arrived, but then got dissapointed again. New copy is also moldy... I give up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.