Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Keyflower» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I use goods transported in the same action for an upgrade? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Steynen
Belgium
Wilrijk
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules wrote:
Resources required for the upgrade must be on the village tile when the upgrade is performed.

Transporting goods and upgrading happens in the same 'action', does the rule mentioned mean I can not transport goods and use them to upgrade their new tile? Or is it just meant to mean you can't use goods on just any tile in your village and I can transport and upgrade to my heart's content?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You move everything THEN upgrade (you are allowed to move zero resources if you wish)
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
who longs for oolong
badge
You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Does upgrading REQUIRE a transportation action?
If I produce a resource on a tile that is required by that tile to upgrade, do I still need to take a transportation action?
On my first read-thru I assumed you could upgrade anytime you had the resources on the tile, now I'm not so sure since the header at the top of the page is "transportation and upgrading"

Specific example:
I produce 3 wood on my carpenter tile, which requires 3 wood to upgrade. May I immediately upgrade the tile, or must I take a transportation action in order to upgrade?


EDIT:
I answered my own question; I'll share my findings since I was unclear after reading the post. In short, yes, it does require a "transport" action.

Rules wrote:
The players home tiles, farrier, etc each enable the transport of resources AND the upgrade of tiles. In order to upgrade a tile a player places a worker on one of the transport tiles (or two or three if the transport tile has already been used this season) The player may move resources... and may upgrade one or two village tiles as indicated by the upgrade icons


I had a revelation as I typed this!
The little house icon on the tile = upgrade action!
If there is one house icon, you can upgrade one tile; if theres two, upgrade two.

I totally missed that my first time reading.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I believe you do. Same for upgrading with a skill tile, as well, right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
who longs for oolong
badge
You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
Yes, I believe you do. Same for upgrading with a skill tile, as well, right?


Yes. All upgrades require a "transport and upgrade action"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SJacobsen159 wrote:
bigloo33 wrote:
Yes, I believe you do. Same for upgrading with a skill tile, as well, right?


Yes. All upgrades require a "transport and upgrade action"


It is theoretically possible (with a different tile mix) to have a tile whose activation provides transport only or upgrade only in which case upgrading would require activating a tile which had the "upgrade" action as really, transport and upgrade are independent things for a player to do. They are linked only because all tiles which provide one happen to provide the other.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, are you guys saying that if I have the Key mine and own an Iron Skill, I must take an action on a Transport hex in order to do the 'upgrade' of the Key mine? And that I can NOT take a Key mine action, pay the upgrade cost (my Iron skill) and upgrade?

If so, then I've played it wrongly. I thought that the advantage of the Transport was that it allowed you to move resources and also take an upgrade action. But now I hear you saying the only way you can ever do an upgrade is through a Transport action. Right or wrong?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank Hamrick wrote:
So, are you guys saying that if I have the Key mine and own an Iron Skill, I must take an action on a Transport hex in order to do the 'upgrade' of the Key mine? And that I can NOT take a Key mine action, pay the upgrade cost (my Iron skill) and upgrade?

If so, then I've played it wrongly. I thought that the advantage of the Transport was that it allowed you to move resources and also take an upgrade action. But now I hear you saying the only way you can ever do an upgrade is through a Transport action. Right or wrong?


Correct. Upgrading requires a house icon action, found on transport tiles only. It isn't as easy as you played.

B>
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And the good news is, this will cause a lot of competition for use of the transportation tiles - making them very good tiles to have in your village! devil
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nishchay Kumar
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have the same question, In your home tile it mentions i can transport 1 resource and 1 upgrade action is it interchangeable in order?

Meaning can i upgrade first and then transport? Or if i have 2 upgrade actions, I can do 1 upgrade action then transport and do another upgrade action?

The order matters if the upgrade tile in question is a transport tile!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
awesomenix wrote:
I have the same question, In your home tile it mentions i can transport 1 resource and 1 upgrade action is it interchangeable in order?

Meaning can i upgrade first and then transport? Or if i have 2 upgrade actions, I can do 1 upgrade action then transport and do another upgrade action?

The order matters if the upgrade tile in question is a transport tile!


No, it doesn't matter. You get whatever was on the tile when you activated it, not what it might turn into part-way through your actions.

B>
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.