Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Farrell Seymore
United States
Opelika
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love AToE. I have Something Wicked and the Coast is on its way. I am looking for suggestions for types/brands of card sleeves to protect them for the long-term. I would prefer color backing. Any ideas???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used the ultra pro clear sleeves stock #82689 and really love them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
One does not simply surf into Mordor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Although not color backed and not the cheapest I have sleeved all my games with FFG sleeves and love them. They are thick and clear and hold up great. Most places are back ordered right now but shouldn't be long before they have more. You would want the gray package (Standard Card Game size).
http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/productdetails.cfm?sku=F...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for this topic bump but I was wondering: Does this game really *need* sleeves? Normally I would sleeve any new game with cards, but in the Board to Death review they says all the components were finished in a layer of plastic (hench the glossiness), and this can take more abuse than a regular game.

Hmm, how many cards are there in the base game and Something Wicked expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vargen666 wrote:
Sorry for this topic bump but I was wondering: Does this game really *need* sleeves? Normally I would sleeve any new game with cards, but in the Board to Death review they says all the components were finished in a layer of plastic (hench the glossiness), and this can take more abuse than a regular game.

Hmm, how many cards are there in the base game and Something Wicked expansion?

I like to sleeve but I think Flying Frogs cards are very durable without sleeves. My set is currently not sleeved.

But the cards in Something Wicked and maybe the web exclusive decks, I forget which ones now, are not the same size as the base game. From what I heard the Coast has the same issue with size as well as having card backs of a noticeable different color.

So if you stick with the core game, I think you can skip sleeving. If the different sized cards in the expansion bugs you or the color variations then you may want to sleeve when you get them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks for the explaination.Strange that the cards of the expansions are different sized. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vargen666 wrote:
Ok, thanks for the explaination.Strange that the cards of the expansions are different sized. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Sadly this happens with expansions too often if you ask me. The expansion cards are just slightly off from the original game, so when you mix the cards together it becomes obvious. Also, makes the old and new cards "clump".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.