United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,
can someone clarify for me...
If i have a space (hex) of one over water, i can put a bridge across for 3 power to make another, let's say isolated dwelling of mine to now become adjacent for scoring and town making?.
I can do exactly the same, but using different resources, to move shipping up one?,= same result?.
Is this correct?, i know shipping can go another step and make 2 spaces of separation adjacent, but the first step is same as a bridge?
thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgard Massot
Spain
Borrassà
Girona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you build a bridge then the buildings you build on the other side will be directly adjacent so all the buildings in both sides of the bridge will count in order to create a town.

With navigation the buildings will be indirectly adjacent and you only can build a town with buildings directly adjacent.

So to sum it up, with the bridge you join buildings in order to form a town with shipping you start building on the other side and will be considered different towns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks Edgard, that makes a lot of sense.
So i can not make one continuous larger town and once it reaches 14 power value and have the correct number of buildings - claim it to be 2 towns?,
it needs to be seperate ?
thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Needs to be separate, but after founding you may connect them up without penalty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lindvall
United States
Bismarck
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
biffta wrote:
thanks Edgard, that makes a lot of sense.
So i can not make one continuous larger town and once it reaches 14 power value and have the correct number of buildings - claim it to be 2 towns?,
it needs to be seperate ?
thank you

Any additions onto a town become part of the town, you can't claim a new town tile for adding on. You need a separate group. Shipping can help get across the river for this purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
I form one town on one side of the river and then increase my shipping to get across the river to start a second town. Once the second town is complete, I connect both with a bridge to compete for the largest area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Robman wrote:
I form one town on one side of the river and then increase my shipping to get across the river to start a second town. Once the second town is complete, I connect both with a bridge to compete for the largest area.

You don't need the bridge to have all those hexes count for largest area. Your shipping already makes them all part of the same area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kadian O'Reilly
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...............Read the God Dam Rule Book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kadian O'Reilly
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If this guy Mark says just to Clarify one more timesnore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lindvall
United States
Bismarck
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kadian wrote:
...............Read the God Dam Rule Book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!snore

QFT.

Most of the rules questions I'm seeing I feel were adequately explained in the rulebook, and there are some very helpful videos people have made as well.

The rules are posted in the Files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.