Popular Tags: [View All]
Ulrich Rieger
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!

French card 05 (Maxime Weygand) and many others state: "Play at the start of your turn..."

1. When exactly is this? Before or after discarding down to two cards?

And what happens if the French player draws card 01 (Bad Weather). After noting the effect on the weather he passes it on to the German player.

2. Is he still allowed to play the Armistice right then?

Thanks,

Ulrich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer said his intention is to be interpreted strictly and literally. So it really means at the start of your turn, you should play that card before discarding any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Rieger
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Laurence.

I don't want to be the rules lawyer here, but reading it strictly, the German player could then NOT play the Armistice card since the French player's turn already started prior to discarding by playing card 5, which then was NOT counted against the discard limit, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
The designer said his intention is to be interpreted strictly and literally. So it really means at the start of your turn, you should play that card before discarding any.

This is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lebenslicht wrote:
Thanks, Laurence.

I don't want to be the rules lawyer here, but reading it strictly, the German player could then NOT play the Armistice card since the French player's turn already started prior to discarding by playing card 5, which then was NOT counted against the discard limit, correct?

Yes, the French turn has already started, so the German will have to wait for next turn to play the card. This is intended: The French will have one turn to react "knowing" that the Germans now have the card (I mean, you as the French Army commander now know that the Government is thinking about making peace, or that the Belgians are thinking about quitting, too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Rieger
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Carl.

Your games are not just cool & exciting, they also come with the greatest online support!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kind words Ulrich!

It's a very demanding "hobby". I try to do my best, and comments like your's makes it all worthwhile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.