Subject: Fanatic's Exorcism power -- any order? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen some posts here and elsewhere about whether the two types of damage dealt by Fanatic's Exorcism power are separate hits and therefore subject to individual increases/decreases (spoiler alert: they are considered separate).

But what I haven't seen asked is whether or not the two types of damage can be dealt in either order or if they must be dealt in the order listed.

The card says: "Fanatic deals 1 target 1 Melee damage and 1 Radiant damage." Most cards and powers that have multiple, timed effects are specified in separate sentences (for instance, it might say "Fanatic deals 1 target 1 Melee damage. Fanatic then deals that target 1 Radiant damage.")

Can I use the power to deal 1 Radiant followed by 1 Melee? Or does it have to be the order listed? This can make a difference when fighting Omnitron if Adaptive Plating Subroutine is in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dypaca
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played that they are in the order on the card.

If you wanted to change the order though, Adaptive Plating is the only existing card I can think of where it would make a difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Herrera
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I have always played as melee first and then radiant, but thematically speaking, it is probably simultaneously hitting (i.e. a sword of light), so you probably could go either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SnipedintheHead
United States
Burlington
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I went to BGG and I all got was this Overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
jda1974 wrote:

Can I use the power to deal 1 Radiant followed by 1 Melee? Or does it have to be the order listed? This can make a difference when fighting Omnitron if Adaptive Plating Subroutine is in play.

I'm sure there's an official ruling somewhere, but we have always played them in the order listed. Melee first, then Radiant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had previously played in the order listed, but with Adaptive Planning out, I was looking for a loophole The way it's written, it's just not clear to me if it's a prescribed order or if it's meant to be simultaneous (in which case, players' choice).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth H
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if this has been posed to the designers specifically, but I'm certain the ruling would be that the order is the order written on the card. So, Melee first, then Radiant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.