Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been the most hands off kickstarter I've experienced. (which to be aint many)

No updates for well over a week, which was when the last stretch goal was reached. It's also in it's last 24 hours and not a peep.

Has this been the case for previous eagle kickstarters. perhaps this is the way when you're essentially using it as a preorder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thursday was Thanksgiving here in the US, and most non-retail business are closed for at least half the week, so it is mostly strange timing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jimmycrackcorn anidontcare
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Heh, I think it's more than just the project. Seems the whole
KS page is fubar. I clicked on "when will I be charged" after pledging,
and never recieved an answer. The "KS community" link is so well hidden I
can't find the damn thing. People don't seem to want KS questions on the Geek. I guess next I'll have to post questions about different games at the respective publishers non-responsive websites. I don't think that my card will be charged until after the deadline so I have maybe 14 hours to decide whether to cancel my $80.00 pledge. I never did find a place to specify what I was ordering, and the "manage pledge" button is only for changing the base amount or cancelling so it should be more properly labeled
"Change Pledge".
I'm getting that sinking feeling that I may be getting screwed again.
James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
airbrush wrote:
I don't think that my card will be charged until after the deadline so I have maybe 14 hours to decide whether to cancel my $80.00 pledge. I never did find a place to specify what I was ordering, and the "manage pledge" button is only for changing the base amount or cancelling so it should be more properly labeled
"Change Pledge".
I'm getting that sinking feeling that I may be getting screwed again.
James

All your questions are general Kickstarter, rather than specific to any game.

All backed projects work the same way:

1) Your card is charged the moment the project ends, if the goal was met. If it wasn't, no charge of course.

2) At some point after the project ends, you will receive an email sending you to an online form, where you fill in all your details (shipping address, what you ordered if you had choices, t-shirt size and whatever else the particular project requires).

So you're fine. Just make sure the proper money amount has been set in your pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More than 45 days have passed. Again, the most hands off kickstarter I've ever seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Rasmusson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
Yes... I'm choo-chooing to buy board games!
badge
The bird is the word!
mbmbmbmbmb
This whole KS thing seems to be abused as some preorder-site. Dont get me wrong... The idea of having a site for seeing if a project will float or sink is great! But having an expansion to a well established game like RotW on KS is so wrong. They say that they needed the money for developing the "extras" to go in the box (for example the baron cards for the megagame), but that sound strange to me...

One thing that really bothers me with KS is the KS-backer exclusive stuff. I dont think its wrong with some kind of refund for backing a project, but the exclusives i think is plain wrong!

Why, you ask?

Simply because of shipping cost! If you want to back a project like this one, and you live completely somewhere else, the shipping costs are going to be very expensive. I would estimate that the shipping for this box, with all the goodies and stuff, would be somewhere around $40-50, plus taxes and customs-fees. What I am saying is that it is going to be very expensive for someone to back a project like this if you live in the "wrong" part of the world, and there is no alternative to get the exclusives (that maybe you really want), as they never are going to hit retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.