Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played several games of WoW/G but am thinking about moving into campaign play. I've seen several home-brewed rules across the net, but is there one that most find to be the 'best'.

I don't have time to playtest 3-4 different campaign rule-sets on my own to see which I like best, so am willing to take the consensus.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My vote is for the "Knights of The Air" campaign from www.wingsofwar.org (see the files section).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll look those over.

Oh, btw, I only assume that campaign rules are house-ruled. There aren't any official ones are there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Hooligan wrote:
I'll look those over.

Oh, btw, I only assume that campaign rules are house-ruled. There aren't any official ones are there?

No official campaign material exists for Wings of War or Wings of Glory. Official scenarios were included in the backs of some of some of the Wings of War rule booklets (all of those can be downloaded from Fantasy Flight's "support page").

A new scenario PDF is available from the downloads section on the Ares Games site, made available for the release of Wings of Glory. All of the official scenarios are / were "one shot" games, designed around a theme or objective. I suppose you could string a few together. Using the ace rules from Wings of Glory, you could start a pilot progression where you "level up" as time goes by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of WoW scenarios are actually made on more than one session: there are some where you first recon a set of targets, to discover which ones are decoy and which ones real, and then in the next game you go and bomb them; there are bombing scenarios where you simulate the flight to the target, the bombing and the way back in three different sessions. Not real campaigns, but anyway not just "one shot". That's the majority anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess like like long games so much they turn into one-shots

Thanks for a better explanation Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith U.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is some type of campaign product in the works over at Ares though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColHajj wrote:
There is some type of campaign product in the works over at Ares though
one would have assumed, given the emphasis on Ace pilot skills in the new Wings of Glory box laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.