Nate Milbrath
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.
badge
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7
mbmbmbmbmb
So, during a game today, we passed the law [Imperium Peace] which prevents any person from invading Mecatol Rex. For sake of argument, say Mecatol Rex is void of any ground troops and opponents and I have a planet next to Mecatol Rex controlled. Can I use Diplomacy II's b) ability to gain control of MR and essentially gain permanent control of it once I build troops on it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Broox
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
pickboy87 wrote:
So, during a game today, we passed the law [Imperium Peace] which prevents any person from invading Mecatol Rex. For sake of argument, say Mecatol Rex is void of any ground troops and opponents and I have a planet next to Mecatol Rex controlled. Can I use Diplomacy II's b) ability to gain control of MR and essentially gain permanent control of it once I build troops on it?

I would say yes and good on you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gagner
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This action is actually not allowed. It doesn't say it on the strategy card, but it is defined further in the rule book that you may not use Diplomacy secondary to claim Mecatol Rex.

You could use the card Peaceful Annexation, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidG55311 wrote:
This action is actually not allowed. It doesn't say it on the strategy card, but it is defined further in the rule book that you may not use Diplomacy secondary to claim Mecatol Rex.

You could use the card Peaceful Annexation, however.

Here's the quote from the rules:
Shattered Empire Expansion Page 14 wrote:
2. THE DIPLOMACY II STRATEGY

. . .

Important: A player may not annex a planet that another player annexed this turn, and no player may annex Mecatol Rex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedor Syagin
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pickboy87 wrote:

Well the fact that Diplomacy doesn't work already mentioned in previous replies.
Let's say it was neutral at that point (Or made neutral by Local Unrest or some other event.)
Then I think Winnu have one of the ways of getting it - Lazax Gate Folding (4) At the start of each Status Phase, you may place 1 GF on Mecatol Rex. You may only do this if the planet is uncontrolled or is under your control (discard any Domain Counter on the planet).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
The Arborec can also do it with their Bioplasmosis tech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Milbrath
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.
badge
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
The Arborec can also do it with their Bioplasmosis tech.

We did have Arborec in play, so good thing he didn't try to apply his special ability. We all just assumed that MR was off limits until I asked about taking it over diplomatically. Nobody knew whether that would work or not.

Thanks all for the replies. You guys are great cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.