Subject: Kraken - Eater of Souls rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this seems silly and obvious, but the different terminology between Eater of Souls and Even Bigger just made me pause a tiny bit. Eater of Souls says you can have up to 12 hearts, and Even Bigger says to increase your max hearts by two. I assume these have the same effect, just worded differently so you can't double dip on increasing life totals, but wanted to double check. I guess I was little surprised that they didn't change how the text on Even Bigger read in the new printing to match Eater of Souls (probably would have added unnecessary expense).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good observation. I would like to know the official ruleing.

I would play it as 12 health being the maximum no matter what at this point.
Otherwise you could use counters to mark life that goes up to 14 easy enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer was given long time before by Iello's team : if there's a component limitaion (like dice or life points), find a way to store information --> you can go to 14 or 16 life by using Mimetism on Even Bigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
North Wales
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR! (Or ask me about it)
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pikaraph wrote:
The answer was given long time before by Iello's team : if there's a component limitaion (like dice or life points), find a way to store information --> you can go to 14 or 16 life by using Mimetism on Even Bigger.

Source?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Mateos Maroto
Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And... ¿You can combine a gracefull roll of 6 hearts + "Eater of Souls" (making 12 hearts) + "high tide" (wining 1 vp per heart)?

¡¡Could be a 12 vp roll!! I assume "high tide" only make reference to "Natural rolling hearts"... in other case could be really munchkin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tala Mare
msg tools
mb
piteas wrote:
And... ¿You can combine a gracefull roll of 6 hearts + "Eater of Souls" (making 12 hearts) + "high tide" (wining 1 vp per heart)?

¡¡Could be a 12 vp roll!! I assume "high tide" only make reference to "Natural rolling hearts"... in other case could be really munchkin.

You mean High Tide and Cult Following

Yea they stack, If you roll 8 Hearts (2x Extra Heads), you could have 16 VP in 1 turn. Tho good luck rolling that many

There are other easier to do combos as well

For example - The King with King of Tokyo and Monkey Rush

If he uses Monkey Rush right before his turn (assuming the player just before him was about to enter Tokyo)

He would get 2 VP for entering Tokyo and 3 VP for starting his turn in Tokyo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.