Gauntlet of Fools» Forums » General

Subject: First game played rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my two sons and I just played our first game of Gauntlet of Fools today and they loved it!

My oldest won with 16 gold playing the Knight that was blindfolded and one hand tied behind his back ... (darn his armor). He had the Flaming Sword that took down creatures, but hurt him too.

The youngest son came in second with 14 gold with his Armsmaster that was also blindfolded with an arm behind his back. His weapons were the dagger (easy to kill a tough monster) and the morning star (reroll is needed). Those were a great combo since the Armsmaster can pick his weapon to fight with.

myself, I came in third with just the Warlord with the spiked shield.

That shield came in really handy to get those tough creatures that still hurt me, but gave me a lot of gold since they had the blindfold that was one gold less for each encounter ...

I honestly should have made them boast more ... I would have stolen their characters had it not been their first game. They loved it, and we will be playing more tomorrow after school. I wonder what their teacher is going to say when she hears of the Mushroom Man, Titan, Demon, Hellhound, etc.

again, a fun game, try to play it with one of your friends if they have it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Makis
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. My brother ended up demo'ing this at BGG.Con. He enjoyed it enough to buy it. We then proceeded to play the thing about 10 times throughout the remainder of the week.

I enjoy the quick, easy play. It's not for anyone who's looking for anything super heavy. It also kind of has a Munchkin feel, but we all agreed it was a lot more fun!

If you haven't played with the Sack of Gold weapon yet, just wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nope, just the one play right before bedtime ...
wish I had gotten it out sooner, but always stuff going on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markaaronmassey wrote:
It also kind of has a Munchkin feel, but we all agreed it was a lot more fun!
Agreed; my usual line to describe the game is "The guy who did Dominion does his take on Munchkin, without the 'screw-your-neighbor' factor." (Yes, we know there's a bit of SYN in the Boasting phase, but nowhere near what you get in Munchkin.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.