Subject: My Gaming Quest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Harrington
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I started on a quest back in February to play 100 different games before the end of the year. This was not as easy as you might think. I did not plan any trips to conventions like Origins or Gen con. I also did not go to any smaller ones like Council of Five Nations in Albany. What I did have was a good friend named Kaiser who owns over 100 games. My local game store Jupiter Games which has well over 60 store copy games to play. I also owned modest 30-35 games. This was a good base to get me started.

One of the reasons I wanted to do this was I saw our board game group play the same 10-15 games every week. Every once and a while a new game would get into the rotation. The other reason I did this was I was finding myself turning into a game snob. I would routinely say I don’t want to play that. The games I enjoy are mostly Euro/worker placement games. My favorite games are Agricola, Le Havre, Power Grid, Ora et Labora, and Ticket to Ride. Games I have discovered while I was on my quest are Sentinels of the Multiverse, Hanging Gardens, Flash Point, Glen More, Pandemic, and Seasons. There are many more but to many to mention.

The rules of my quest I will count expansions if the game changes. Examples it adds new rules or cards to the game. I will also count it if there is a board change such as different Power Grid maps. Which most of those also have rules and board change. Now before you get to worried I did not play every map of Power Grid. I only played 3 different ones. The next rule is I would not force my quest on anyone. I would never shoot down a game to play because I had it on my list already. I would suggest different games to play. My gaming group was very supportive of my goal and encouraged me to tell them a game I needed for the list.

This past weekend I finished my quest. I would like to thank people in my gaming group Kaiser, Britt, James, Amanda, Ryan, Keith, Carl, Rob, Miller, and most importantly my wife Amy. She loves playing games almost as much as I do. I thought about posting what the 100 games were but not sure anyone would really want to see that.

Thank you for reading
Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done sir!

I took a quick look at the games that I've played this year that I've tracked on the geek, and according to my plays, I have played exactly 101 different games this year. Nice coincidence!

I did goto SaltCon, our local boardgame convention here in Utah, and I went to BGG.Con this year which definitely contributed to the number of different games that I got to play. Plus this year I've discovered several excellent groups that I have the fortune to play with.

Anyway, just wanted to join in on the celebration, congrats to you for completing your quest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Harrington
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Awesome sir. I looked through the list of games you played this year. Quite an impressive list. I can honestly say I am jealous of one of them you played recently CO2. I really want to play that. I hope it is as good as it looks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CO₂ was a solid game. It's hard to judge a game after a single play, but I thought it was definitely interesting enough to try again. I played it at BGG.Con along with several other hot games, so I don't know when I'll get to try it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.