2 Posts

Tanto Cuore: Expanding the House» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mika Yakushido question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Kha
msg tools
Mika Yakushido's effect states:
"This maid may be placed in any player's Private Quarters.
During your Starting Phase
You must discard a "1 Love" from you hand. If you can't, reveal your hand, and put Mika back face down at the bottom of the Private Maid pile."

I was playing with my cousins and one of them had a Sora Nakaguchi as a chambermaid. I bought Mika and placed it on top of his Sora. So now Sora's effects have been negated by Mika.

The problem came when he was not able to discard a "1 Love" from his hand, thus Mika was put back to the town. Would Sora come back into effect and be free to use her abilities? We were really confused about this. Can anyone help explain this ruling?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nachazar Abriel
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Sora does indeed come back online. When Mika is sent back to town, she is no longer considered to be employed by any player and so the top private maid in your cousin's pile is Sora. Because this happens during the Starting Phase, Sora would even be able to use her ability to move an event during the turn Mika left (similar to the way that a private maid can use her ability if her master discards a 3 love card to remove an illness from her).

A point to note is that if Mika has an illness on her, she cannot cause her master to discard a 1 love, but she also cannot be sent back to town and any Private Maids beneath her in the stack are still unable to use their abilities. If the game ends while she is still ill, she does not assign her -2 victory points to her "master".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.