Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Chambers
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for any significant problems with this idea:

Instead of using your Attack Action during your Hero Phase, you can choose to Ready an action. Take any At-Will, Utility or Daily Power and set it aside. During your Villain Phase, you may use the readied action at any time as long as you can fulfill the requirements of the card.

I want to present an opportunity to mix up the monster-always-goes-first mechanic while also presenting a choice: the player is gambling their attack action against the chance to interrupt during the Villain Phase.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi from Germany,

I fully agree with replacing the
"monster-always-goes-first mechanic"
and adding
"while also presenting a choice".

I use simple cards to provide variety whenever the adventurers explore the dungeon.
There are four main possible cases: white and black corridors or white and black rooms. The players know that the highest threat comes with black rooms whilst white corridors are at the other end of this line.
But still ... bad things can happen in a white corridor, and a black room might be quite peaceful (for the time being).
Using cards to determine the encounter that comes with placing a new tile saves the players to apply and remember any extra rules.
Your ideas are fully covered, as the cards' options allow exactly this smart preparation of the adventurers.
As the cards may also trigger chain reactions (i.e. one card calls for another card and so on) even the best preparation might fall short.
But this is exactly part of the thrill when you explore an unknown dungeon, isn't it?

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.