M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like my banner - it provides a visual cue to my most recently played games; I like to tweet my plays to so my friends will be intrigued (or I hope they will). But... I have a lot of games that are showing in my profile as un-played simply because I haven't logged a play for a variety of reasons; I'd like to fix that now, but I don't want to update my banner (I can suppress the tweet, that part is OK). All I really want to do is record a "token" play and then update the comment to indicate that it is just that.

Is there any way to do this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try putting an earlier date, like 1/1/1901 and see if that does what you want it to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Kikola
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the recent plays widget orders everything by date. As long as you assign an older date, the extra plays shouldn't affect the widget.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
I like my banner - it provides a visual cue to my most recently played games; I like to tweet my plays to so my friends will be intrigued (or I hope they will). But... I have a lot of games that are showing in my profile as un-played simply because I haven't logged a play for a variety of reasons; I'd like to fix that now, but I don't want to update my banner (I can suppress the tweet, that part is OK). All I really want to do is record a "token" play and then update the comment to indicate that it is just that.

Just to play Devil's advocate (and seeing as your technical question has already been answered) wouldn't it be more fun to use this as a reason to re-play those un-logged games so you can genuinely log a play?

I only started logging my plays about 5 months ago, and it has given me an incentive to get plays in just to reduce the number of un-played games (which I know are really played just un-logged). If I do forget to log a play I'm happy to add it later as long as I remember the exact date (which probably reduces things to games I've played in the last three days), but if I've passed that memory window it just has to wait till I next play it to get logged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone!

@indigopotter & gkikola that makes sense, I'll give it a go

@entwife WAAAAAAY too many games played pre-BGG logging of plays to EVER catch up But you make a good point. I only play once or twice a week and favour games that take 3 hours to play so I don't get many plays in. I also run a "game of the month" for my weekly game group meetup, so I generally log 4 plays per month of one specific game. Completely the opposite to what I'd have to do to do it your way, sadly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.