Popular Tags: [View All]
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Guys,

I recently found a copy of starfarers in the attic. It doesn't have a copy of the rules and so I am finding it difficult to piece together what I actually have here and whether I found a playable copy

From the almanac here is a list of components and comments on whether or not I have pieces. Advice would be awesome

1 game board
4 mother ships (white,blue, green, yellow) GREY AND RED MISSING
Expansion pieces for mother ships:
4 booster rings (silver) ???
24 cannons (blue) 10EXTRA
24 boosters (yellow) 10EXTRA
20 freight rings (copper) 10EXTRA
40 fame rings (silver) 10EXTRA
Player game pieces in 4 colors (blue, green, yellow, red) (white and grey included)
spaceport rings - 3 of each color
transporters - 3 of each color
colonies - 9 of each color
trading outposts - 7 of each color
victory point marker - 1 of each color MISSING GREY SCORE MARKER
100 resource cards
20 of each resource: fuel, ore, trade goods, carbon and food 10 EXTRA OF EACH TYPE
20 friendship cards, 5 for each of the 4 races + 5 cards for 'the traveller' race
32 encounter cards
38 resource chits ???
4 friendship chips 1 EXTRA (traveller)
4 game overview cards 2 EXTRA
2 dice
1 rulebook - MISSING
1 almanac

Few questions,

Does the 5-6 player expansion include player colours grey and white as I have pieces in these colours but only 4 ships (green,blue,yellow and white)?

What are booster rings? (image would be ideal)

I have 26 tokens with a coloured dot on one side and a yellow numbers on the reverse, 4 tokens with RED numbers and a coloured dot, 12 with yellow numbers and greek symbols, 2 white ones with blue numbers (and frieight rings? on them) 3 black ones with what looks like a cannon one them and 2 blue ones with yellow numbers (and a card picture) What are all these tokens?

I am hoping further rooting around in the attic will yield the expansion box!

Sorry for the long post,
Thanks for the help

EDIT: I also have what looks like a sticker sheet, so I am pretty convinced I have the 5-6 player expansion mixed up in here too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yes you have parts of the expansion in here with their white and gray pieces. It also included more of the tokens and parts from the base game which is why you have more than the listed components in the almanac.

The booster rings were silver O-shape pieces that slipped over the rocket. You can see it here below as an individual piece and in place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
Cool thanks for the quick reply..... Do you need the booster rings to play as I don't seem to have any?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
exparrot wrote:
Cool thanks for the quick reply..... Do you need the booster rings to play as I don't seem to have any?

No, they were just a correction because the little clips on the ships were subject to breaking very easily. So just be careful when handling the boosters.

You may still be able to get the rings from either Kosmos or Mayfair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
You may still be able to get the rings from either Kosmos or RGG.
Mayfair not RGG

That reminds me I should try and get some. I need them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
exparrot wrote:

1) Not "required" but the odds of you breaking a clip on the original rockets is about 100% without them.

2) The manufacturer still had some rings 6-8 months ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a free package from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Olson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a set of replacement booster rings in November 2014 by contacting Mayfair customer service. Thanks Mayfair!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Garmon
United States
Panama City
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am being sent a set of 6 booster rings as of this morning, so they still have them as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.