Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know which site sells the planes by complete series? I think I'm going to want the entire set of the next series (which is the old WoW series I planes).

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff, I buy my complete series through Cool Stuff Inc.
Free shipping over $100 and they provide a small, but growing discount as your order history increases.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_search.php?pa=searchOnName&...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do they provide a package deal on the series or do you load your cart up with individual planes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Individual planes, so if you choose this route, double-check you're getting the correct pilot/color scheme for each plane.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know of stores who sell a "package" price on the full series, which I think is what you are seeking. And there may not be any who do any more.

Someone posted awhile back that Ares was changing how they sell to stores. They used to have a store pack with "2 of each" but someone said they were selling by individual paint scheme now and that the store had a minimum purchase of each (i forget it it was 12 or 24) which means there would be more of the "popular" planes available at a FLGS, but puts a bind on smaller stores to stockpile a larger number of planes, and puts them into the spot of guessing winners.

I've been getting my planes from Coolstuff for a long time. Price is always among the best and they actually back that with great service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Kevin mentioned. I've never seen any store carry a package deal on all in a series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
autumnweave wrote:
Like Kevin mentioned. I've never seen any store carry a package deal on all in a series.
Noble Knight sells entire plane series bundled together. CoolStuffInc is my personal favorite for online stores, but scope out NK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can still find entire sets of the Wings of War planes on Ebay at pretty decent prices too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Jack Hooligan wrote:
Anyone know which site sells the planes by complete series? I think I'm going to want the entire set of the next series (which is the old WoW series I planes).

Thanks!

You can do ALL of series 5 at http://www.wingsofwar.org from the site owner for $119 or so. He's a great guy to deal with and I've had nothing but good experiences over there. You can pre-order the series 1 reprint for the same price from him.

He has a great relationship with the game's designer and the site is definitely THE resource for the Wings of Glory WW1 & WW2. There are a TON of cool little addons to pimp your game with as well like custom bases, foam trays, plastic markers for fire, smoke, and flak.

If you're a hobbyist and want to build your own 1/144 scale models (or you buy them from Shapeways ...) you can get bases for them and pegs which will allow you to integrate your own custom paint jobs, planes, etc. into the system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the link directly to Keith's webstore: http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith U.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the plug Keegan (and welcome back to the land of the living!). The minis are a new addition to the site and it only made sense to offer complete sets for easy shopping!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColHajj wrote:
Thanks for the plug Keegan (and welcome back to the land of the living!). The minis are a new addition to the site and it only made sense to offer complete sets for easy shopping!

Thanks! I've still got one foot in the grave, working 6 days a week between two jobs. I blew the dust off my Zeppelin design cards, and I'm thinking about re-tackling the project at some point, as it never felt truly finished.

Hey Everybody! Speaking of store shout-outs, I just ordered a nice set of Keith's "Bomber" smoke / fire markers (they slide over the large pegs for the Gotha and Caproni 'Wings of Glory' WWI special air packs). Good stuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColHajj wrote:

Hi Keith...I'm a little bit confused with your website for ordering. Do you have any plane in-hand to be purchased at the moment? Everyone I selected said pre-order item in the Description, but said In Stock for Availability.

I, for one, would prefer to order the whole set all at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith U.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Henry,

Sorry for the confusion. I have all of the Series 4 (early war) planes in stock and ready to ship right now. I missed pulling the pre-order notice off of some of them. The re-release of Series 1 (SPAD XIII, Camel, Dr.I and Albatros D.Va)are all still on pre-order as they have not made it off the boat just yet. My supply of Gotha and Caproni minis will be showing up with Series 1. I've just started carrying the minis, so it's taking me a little bit to get them all in stock.

If you have any further questions, you can email me directly at colhajj@wingsofwar.org I'll respond much quicker that way.

Thank you,

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.