Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Pigeon
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! The games looks really interesting and I would buy it, except for the playing time. Is there something similar but with a much shorter playing time. I prefer games that plays in 45-60 minutes.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know of anything similar. This is a unique game.
Take a chance and get it now while it's on sale at FFG. Long, yes, but worth every minute!
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nothing is the same as Android. The game is unique.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Mechanically there is nothing quite like Android, since it is a conglomeration of several different intertwined minigames. But if you like Android's theme and want more stuff set in the same world, you might check out Infiltration or Netrunner.

If you just want a game that is focused on moving around a map and telling a story about your character, try Tales of the Arabian Nights. (Nowhere near Android in theme or mechanics, though.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing looks even remotely close to Android in gameplay.
Though if it's the theme that interests you and want a 30 to 45 minutes game, look at Android: Infiltration or Android: Netrunner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tales of the Arabian Nights is quite good fun, plus richly thematic.
It also takes hours to play though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Jlerpy wrote:
Tales of the Arabian Nights is quite good fun, plus richly thematic.
It also takes hours to play though...

Well, yes and no. You can adjust play length in TOTAN by adjusting the point value required for victory. I think the default is 10, but lowering that to 6 would shorten the game enough.

Still, there's nothing like Android. I'd compare it a good novel. You can't read a good novel in 30 minutes, and if that's what you're expecting, you're better off watching another silly sitcom on TV. Good novels take time, and patience, and the best ones even demand a kind of stamina. If you aren't willing to put that in, than the experience is simply not for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Pawlicki
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
super_bruno wrote:
Hello! The games looks really interesting and I would buy it, except for the playing time. Is there something similar but with a much shorter playing time. I prefer games that plays in 45-60 minutes.

Thank you!

No, that's not possible. Android is unique and you can not have such a game played in 60 minutes.

You can not have a five course menu in 10 minutes, that would only be fast food!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.