Subject: hunters?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J-o Jankowski
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
me being the huge fan of vampire movies (especially underworld, and interview with a vampire!!) is incredably excited for this game to come out!! i was just wondering if anyone had any information on the uniqueness of each of the hunters. clearly dracula is going to be very unique but i also hope the hunters each have a different type of style of trying to deal with dracula.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't answer your question directly, but I have checked out the fanstasy flight website, which has the complete rules available for download:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/PDF/furyofdracularules.pdf

The game looks awesome!

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
jomayo112 wrote:
i also hope the hunters each have a different type of style of trying to deal with dracula.

Each hunter has his own two peculiar skills (and they've different "hit points" as well).
Their "style of hunting" depends on how YOU play them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cary
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The basic combat mechanic is the same for all the hunters. However, they each have two special powers that they can use to help their side win the game.

Lord Godalmming has a huge advantage when fighting Dracs human minions and his wealth and position allow him to travel the rail system faster and with fewer delays. (Important when you are racing somewhere)

Dr. Seward's medical knowledge allows him to heal himself or others without burning through the deck as quickly. His resourcefulness allows him to carry an extra weapon or event card against emergencies.

Mina Harker's preplanning and organization allow her to acquire weapons and cycle events more quickly than other hunters (As acquiring weapons is much slower than in the old version, this is a big advantage) Unfortunately, she begins the game bitten and is the weakest character in combat.
(I'm afraid I don't recall Mina' other power)

VanHelsing is able to re-equip after encountering Dracula or his Minions. This is a huge advantage for someone hot on the Count's heels. He is also more resistant to the effects of a bite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.