Stronghold» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple of rule questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattias B
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played my second game of this entertaining game, however the rules leaves a lot to be desired.

I have a couple of questions:

1. When can the Defender place his "free per turn" wall section? At any time or is he restricted to using it in the phase when he recieves it?

2. Need help clarifying the dispatch action. Does a minor dispatch allow the Invader to move a total of 7 units to an adjacent area or is he allowed 7 units at multiple locations on the board? Eg. 7 goblins on the east side to a wall section and 7 orcs from the camp to a rampart in the same dispatch action?

3. Does the Invader's bonus points come from the Defenders earned points or from the supply?

4. Is there any way to aquire more soldiers for the defender? Or is he stuck with what he got in the beginning?

6. Can cauldrons, platforms, cannons and siege engines be destroyed in any way?

7. Can cauldrons and traps be replaced by the defender?

8. I need clarification of the "Desperate measures". What does "removes all hourglasses which unavailable actions in 1 building" mean? Also how long does the effect last?

9. How many siege engines can be placed per rampart?

Also, are there ant FAQs or updated rules for download anywhere?

A lot of questions! I'm most grateful for any replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Castrequini
Brazil
Valinhos
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Does the "workers" (orcs, trolls or goblins) used in the build up phases en up in the bag when used (and thus can be drawn again) or do they end up in the Invader's supply?
A: They are removed from the game. Set them apart in a cemetery (...using the back from phase 5(?) you can bring goblins back to life).

2. When can the Defender place his "free per turn" wall section? At any time or is he restricted to using it in the phase when he recieves it?
A: Defender must use after the Invader completes his phase 1

3. Need help clarifying the dispatch action. Does a minor dispatch allow the Invader to move a total of 7 units to an adjacent area or is he allowed 7 units at multiple locations on the board? Eg. 7 goblins on the east side to a wall section and 7 orcs from the camp to a rampart in the same dispatch action?
A: More likely to multiple places. Take a carefully look at Invader's book. Under Phase 6, read the Note's bullets

3. Does the Invader's bonus points come from the Defenders earned points or from the supply?
A: They came from supply

4. Is there any way to aquire more soldiers for the defender? Or is he stuck with what he got in the beginning?
A: Nope. No reiforcement

5. Can cauldrons, platforms, cannons and siege engines be destroyed in any way?
A: Yes... but they can not be destroyed at your will. Caldrons and cannons can be destroyed using catapult. About Invader's machine, they can't be destroyed.

6. Can cauldrons and traps be replaced by the defender?
A: no

7. I need clarification of the "Desperate measures". What does "removes all hourglasses which unavailable actions in 1 building" mean? Also how long does the effect last?
A: For example, you would like to build lots of things on workshop. But you already used most of the actions from workshop, so you would only allowed to use it again only on next turn. Then, you use "desperate measures" to "refresh" your workshop, allowing you to build new things this turn.

8. How many siege engines can be placed per rampart?
A: Only one

9. Also, are there ant FAQs or updated rules for download anywhere?
A: at the file section
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/48039/stronghold-faq

Please, somebory second me. I
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Lauke
Germany
Görlitz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Sponsored by AR147
mb
Quote:
1. When can the Defender place his "free per turn" wall section? At any time or is he restricted to using it in the phase when he recieves it?

When he recieve it.

Quote:
2. Need help clarifying the dispatch action. Does a minor dispatch allow the Invader to move a total of 7 units to an adjacent area or is he allowed 7 units at multiple locations on the board? Eg. 7 goblins on the east side to a wall section and 7 orcs from the camp to a rampart in the same dispatch action?

Minor dispatch allows you to multiple move 5 units from every subordinated field to a closer at the wall field. Start with rampards, then foregrounds and so on.

Quote:

Supply.

Quote:

No.

Quote:

No. You only can destroy walls and units.

Quote:
7. Can cauldrons and traps be replaced by the defender?

No.

Quote:
8. I need clarification of the "Desperate measures". What does "removes all hourglasses which unavailable actions in 1 building" mean? Also how long does the effect last?

The defender removes all hourglasses, of all already used actions of one building. After this the actions cost minus one hourglas. Implicate a double use of an action.

Quote:
9. How many siege engines can be placed per rampart?

Only one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias B
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your replies! I got all but one of my questions answered.

- Does the "Desperate measures" effect last for the rest of the game or until the end of that round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Lauke
Germany
Görlitz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Sponsored by AR147
mb
sylvestris wrote:
Thanks for your replies! I got all but one of my questions answered.

- Does the "Desperate measures" effect last for the rest of the game or until the end of that round?

Only for the round, in which it is activate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben Sherwood
Canada
Okotoks
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Quote:

No. You only can destroy walls and units.

Actually, with a Trebuchet when it hits a wall section it will destroy a wall section along with any wooden wall components. If there are no wall components on the wall section that was hit, one cauldron is removed if one exists.

The rule for reference is located in the Invader's Book on page 9 under Trebuchet as well it is on the back of that rulebook as well in the same section of Trebuchet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.