Subject: Lucrezia Human Pretzel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottyBaker wrote:
My gaming group has never had any large problems playing and enjoying games, however last night we got into a ten minute argument over an unimportant rule interpretation.

As someone who appreciates clear rules and often scrutinizes them for meaning, I completely understand.

Her ability reads "May move diagonally through doors."

It took me several reads to understand what you were getting at with #2. I think any diagonal move that crosses a door is fine though... I mean you are moving through one of the spaces next to the door regardless. Allowing #1 but not #2 involves a layer of subtly that I doubt is intended by the simple statement "May move diagonally through doors."

Edit: It'd have to say "May exit diagonally through doors." to support #2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure that you're over thinking it and "interpretation 1" is the correct way to move the human pretzel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonnie Hedqvist
Sweden
Ljusdal
Hälsingland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would only allow Interpretation 2 as you're not moving through the door at all in interpretation 1, you're walking through the wall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't really see why it matters. In either move, she goes from one side of a wall to the other. In each move, she will spend one square in a door space, and one square in a non-door space. I really honestly can't see why it should matter that she STARTS in a non-door space - the "slinkiness" would be exactly the same either way.

What exactly was the guy's reasoning for requiring she START by a door? What line of the rules led him to that conclusion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alky Yance
msg tools
mbmbmb
When in doubt, I just try to keep things simple - as long as the diagonal path touches one of the corners of the squares of the door, I'd allow it.

I hope Jason pops in for a clarification to this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.