Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been on a roll lately, largely due to requests from some of our customers, so have done some additional pimping of our personal Arkham set. This is a follow up to the thread I originally started at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/877702/pimping-my-arkham...

First things first - we needed better sanity and stamina tokens. We played around with a few different ideas. We're still thinking of tumbled stone options, but ended up with this great custom solution:

We're working on clue tokens that will be similar but green/purple swirl with the clue logo embossed. Same size. Hopefully have some of those done tonight if time permits.

We've also been thinking about gate stands, too, but haven't come up with a great solution. I finally decided to experiment with the blanks I use for my sealed gate tokens (in the older thread) and discovered if I use a slightly thicker blank I can come up with a matching stand like this:

There's more pictures and info available on our web site at www.ceresstudios.com

I don't know what the next project will be, but I've got a lot of vague ideas kicking around in my head. I'm always open to suggestions, too. I'm pretty pumped to get the clue tokens done, I'm just not sure how many we'll need for our typical four investigator game. I'd love to hear suggestions on how many clues everyone thinks are needed for a game with four investigators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice to fill the etchings to give them more visual impact. Though this may be a photography issue. If they lack impact they may as well just be red or blue tokens.

I had to double-check because the two top-left-most San tokens look like hedgehogs to me. But then I have a soft spot for hedgehogs. Not that I see them everywhere I look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the tokens made of? I seem to have such a soft spot for hedgehogs, too blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are made of a polymer plastic material.

Funny MC asked about filling them - we tried several different things and ultimately decided to leave them as is so the customer can fill them if they like. I painted them (with a wash like for minis), Stephanie tried a paint pen, I tried the old school dice method with a crayon - nothing looked better to me or a few others we asked then leaving them empty.Plus the amount of time it would take to meticulously paint each one would make them more expensive than they already are.

However,the material does take paint very well. If you look at the amulets for Tobago/Libertalia/etc in the store you can see. They are made of the same material, then washed to fill in with dark, then painted and drybrushed to bring out some shine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.