Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
34 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game – Fame and Fortune» Forums » General

Subject: Fame and Fortune second expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David El Grande
msg tools
Is there an expansion coming soon? In that case when whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Forumgoers hypothesized a second expansion to accompany the computer game's, but that does not seem to be the case
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd welcome another expansion, but I don't mind if they skip a year. The base game and Fame & Fortune were barely a year apart, maybe less.

I'd really like to see a third and final expansion for BSG, though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf the Grey
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No No No No No you are supposed to lie.cry

I would rather be in anticipation for a year than be told that there won't be one.laugh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I fear another expansion, unbalancing the game again...

New Civs that let you win without play and all that stuff...

I just love the game the way it is.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rdonoso wrote:
I just love the game the way it is.

The way it is, after some minor modifications
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
rdonoso wrote:
I just love the game the way it is.

The way it is, after some minor modifications

yeah, forgot about the "ban arabia, coin from MC to RR"thing...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin B
United States
flag msg tools
Stats not guaranteed accurate. May be made up entirely.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't heard anything about it, but you never know. Does anyone know how long FFG's license is for the Civ franchise? With Blizzard, when their license expired, all evidence that they had ever created WoW:TBG and WoW:TAG just disappeared. I hope that this does not happen with Civ.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
it is so usual I forget that it is not official ruling.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For people wanting innovation, there is a few custom Civs that are really nice (while some that I didn't actually liked are there also!)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mercuric wrote:
I haven't heard anything about it, but you never know. Does anyone know how long FFG's license is for the Civ franchise? With Blizzard, when their license expired, all evidence that they had ever created WoW:TBG and WoW:TAG just disappeared. I hope that this does not happen with Civ.


I don't know anything about the license, but I will point out that if FFG is to do another expansion, it will most likely not be designed by Kevin Wilson since he no longer works there.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
I don't know anything about the license, but I will point out that if FFG is to do another expansion, it will most likely not be designed by Kevin Wilson since he no longer works there.

I was unaware of this! Good for him, I wish him luck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
Mercuric wrote:
I haven't heard anything about it, but you never know. Does anyone know how long FFG's license is for the Civ franchise? With Blizzard, when their license expired, all evidence that they had ever created WoW:TBG and WoW:TAG just disappeared. I hope that this does not happen with Civ.


I don't know anything about the license, but I will point out that if FFG is to do another expansion, it will most likely not be designed by Kevin Wilson since he no longer works there.


Really?? When did this happen?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Peristarkawan wrote:
Mercuric wrote:
I haven't heard anything about it, but you never know. Does anyone know how long FFG's license is for the Civ franchise? With Blizzard, when their license expired, all evidence that they had ever created WoW:TBG and WoW:TAG just disappeared. I hope that this does not happen with Civ.


I don't know anything about the license, but I will point out that if FFG is to do another expansion, it will most likely not be designed by Kevin Wilson since he no longer works there.


Really?? When did this happen?


As announced here:

Going Freelance
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hohmann
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
Super Mario Kart Fan
badge
www.BoardgameMonkeys.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:
Peristarkawan wrote:
Mercuric wrote:
I haven't heard anything about it, but you never know. Does anyone know how long FFG's license is for the Civ franchise? With Blizzard, when their license expired, all evidence that they had ever created WoW:TBG and WoW:TAG just disappeared. I hope that this does not happen with Civ.


I don't know anything about the license, but I will point out that if FFG is to do another expansion, it will most likely not be designed by Kevin Wilson since he no longer works there.


Really?? When did this happen?


As announced here:

Going Freelance


Thanks for the link Ian.
I was surprised to read that, too.
This really reduces the chances of an expansion for Civ to under 5% for me, although Kevin stated that there are some designs he has finished and arent yet released by FFG (maybe Civ expansion?? )
I would have certainly bought another expansion of Civ but I am okay with leaving the game as it is right now.
The main part of the expansion is optional stuff which is great because actually everyone can mix and match and keep certain things or leave it.
The actual lack of different civilizations has been filled by a lot of custom stuff which got playtested in many games in real life or on PBF and certainly is worth a look for interested people.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ahdiabolo wrote:
Peristarkawan wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:
Peristarkawan wrote:
Mercuric wrote:
I haven't heard anything about it, but you never know. Does anyone know how long FFG's license is for the Civ franchise? With Blizzard, when their license expired, all evidence that they had ever created WoW:TBG and WoW:TAG just disappeared. I hope that this does not happen with Civ.


I don't know anything about the license, but I will point out that if FFG is to do another expansion, it will most likely not be designed by Kevin Wilson since he no longer works there.


Really?? When did this happen?


As announced here:

Going Freelance


Thanks for the link Ian.
I was surprised to read that, too.
This really reduces the chances of an expansion for Civ to under 5% for me, although Kevin stated that there are some designs he has finished and arent yet released by FFG (maybe Civ expansion?? )
I would have certainly bought another expansion of Civ but I am okay with leaving the game as it is right now.
The main part of the expansion is optional stuff which is great because actually everyone can mix and match and keep certain things or leave it.
The actual lack of different civilizations has been filled by a lot of custom stuff which got playtested in many games in real life or on PBF and certainly is worth a look for interested people.


Further expansions don't have to be done by the same designer, you know. Far from it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Flood
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be up for some more Civs and tiles being available in an expansion, along with a few more techs and wonders. The one thing I thought would be interesting would be mini-wonders that each civ could simultaneously build on their own. Like say a Manhattan Project or Great Fortress. The Manhattan Project could allow you to convert a certain number of resources for a uranium to make up for the luck of the draw on villages. Uranium could also be expanded into other peaceful uses like one time turn in for 20 hammers or something.

I hope they announce another expansion soon!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hohmann
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
Super Mario Kart Fan
badge
www.BoardgameMonkeys.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
ahdiabolo wrote:
Peristarkawan wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:
Peristarkawan wrote:
Mercuric wrote:
I haven't heard anything about it, but you never know. Does anyone know how long FFG's license is for the Civ franchise? With Blizzard, when their license expired, all evidence that they had ever created WoW:TBG and WoW:TAG just disappeared. I hope that this does not happen with Civ.


I don't know anything about the license, but I will point out that if FFG is to do another expansion, it will most likely not be designed by Kevin Wilson since he no longer works there.


Really?? When did this happen?


As announced here:

Going Freelance


Thanks for the link Ian.
I was surprised to read that, too.
This really reduces the chances of an expansion for Civ to under 5% for me, although Kevin stated that there are some designs he has finished and arent yet released by FFG (maybe Civ expansion?? )
I would have certainly bought another expansion of Civ but I am okay with leaving the game as it is right now.
The main part of the expansion is optional stuff which is great because actually everyone can mix and match and keep certain things or leave it.
The actual lack of different civilizations has been filled by a lot of custom stuff which got playtested in many games in real life or on PBF and certainly is worth a look for interested people.


Further expansions don't have to be done by the same designer, you know. Far from it.


I am sure aware of that, but I still doubt they give the project to someone else since CiV is really a game which is quite perfect as it is and def. has no need to expand any further.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ahdiabolo wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:
ahdiabolo wrote:
Peristarkawan wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:
Peristarkawan wrote:
Mercuric wrote:
I haven't heard anything about it, but you never know. Does anyone know how long FFG's license is for the Civ franchise? With Blizzard, when their license expired, all evidence that they had ever created WoW:TBG and WoW:TAG just disappeared. I hope that this does not happen with Civ.


I don't know anything about the license, but I will point out that if FFG is to do another expansion, it will most likely not be designed by Kevin Wilson since he no longer works there.


Really?? When did this happen?


As announced here:

Going Freelance


Thanks for the link Ian.
I was surprised to read that, too.
This really reduces the chances of an expansion for Civ to under 5% for me, although Kevin stated that there are some designs he has finished and arent yet released by FFG (maybe Civ expansion?? )
I would have certainly bought another expansion of Civ but I am okay with leaving the game as it is right now.
The main part of the expansion is optional stuff which is great because actually everyone can mix and match and keep certain things or leave it.
The actual lack of different civilizations has been filled by a lot of custom stuff which got playtested in many games in real life or on PBF and certainly is worth a look for interested people.


Further expansions don't have to be done by the same designer, you know. Far from it.


I am sure aware of that, but I still doubt they give the project to someone else since CiV is really a game which is quite perfect as it is and def. has no need to expand any further.


It's not about need. It's about whether they can make any money from it or not.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
It's not about need. It's about whether they can make any money from it or not.

Que the regular joke about making a large fortune in board games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin B
United States
flag msg tools
Stats not guaranteed accurate. May be made up entirely.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:

It's not about need. It's about whether they can make any money from it or not.


And I will gladly help them accomplish this goal if they decide to do it!
2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ahdiabolo wrote:
I am sure aware of that, but I still doubt they give the project to someone else since CiV is really a game which is quite perfect as it is and def. has no need to expand any further.


Well, that didn't stop them from publishing two expansions for Battlestar Galactica that mostly just dilute the parts of the base game that are actually fun. shake
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
Well, that didn't stop them from publishing two expansions for Battlestar Galactica that mostly just dilute the parts of the base game that are actually fun. shake

People could say the same about F&F Fortunately, FFG's expansions are usually modular, which means you can pick and choose the parts you like.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mercuric wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:

It's not about need. It's about whether they can make any money from it or not.


And I will gladly help them accomplish this goal if they decide to do it!
+1
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
ahdiabolo wrote:
I am sure aware of that, but I still doubt they give the project to someone else since CiV is really a game which is quite perfect as it is and def. has no need to expand any further.


Well, that didn't stop them from publishing two expansions for Battlestar Galactica that mostly just dilute the parts of the base game that are actually fun. shake
for us the expansions were very good, because the game was getting old.

Our mistake was probably buy both at once.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.