Popular Tags: [View All]
RJM
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello OGG,

Came across this forum as well as the meetup website regarding OGG. I'm planning on attending my first OGG session on Nov 28, and I was wondering if anyone is interested in me bringing anything from my meager game collection below?

Dominion - Base game
Carcassone - Base game
Forbidden Island
Pandemic
Ticket to Ride

Can you tell I'm stuck playing with the kids a lot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Would you like steak with that?
badge
Have another Keith's
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Rob,
I usually go to the Kanata group but thought I would chime in and welcome you to the groups. Many of us play at all the area locations and you can usually find a taker for any game you want to play.

One of the great things about these groups is that you'll get a chance to play a lot of games above and beyond what you'd play with the kids.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome Rob. OGG and the kanata group are great places to come and play some new games. I'd suggest not bringing your games for the first time and force yourself to play something new! Don't worry, there's always someone teaching and learning new games.

have some to put towards an avatar!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ditto what they said.thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
Another welcome from me. As one who only joined these groups last summer, I can honestly say the experience will change what you have come to know about gaming, and you'll likely coming out with new interests you didn't even know you had!

(And following the trend, here's another fiver. Ottawa gamers can't go without an avatar )

Lang
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Shabatowski
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome aboard. Avatars are a must. Will send geekgold to start you on your way.

To echo others, don't fret about bringing games and get ready to enter a new world. If you are new to Boardgamegeek then click on the users to browse their collections. Don't hesitate to ask questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJM
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses. Looking forward to trying some other games. I noticed the other OGG thread mentioned Netrunner and GoT this week. Definitely would like try one of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are just games that have been played recently, not necessarily planned for this week. That being said there is usually someone up to playing one of those. If you're keen to try one of them this week post a request on that thread and someone will likely bite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Halden
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robjmc wrote:
Thanks for the responses. Looking forward to trying some other games. I noticed the other OGG thread mentioned Netrunner and GoT this week. Definitely would like try one of those.

Welcome. I have been going to the groups for about a year and I can't recommend them enough. You will find new games and plenty of folks to play them with. My first few weeks it was tough to jump in and ask for a spot but feel free to ask anyone setting up a game if they have a spot and enjoy.

Hope to see you out some night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MIke H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the only thing missing in this thread is a warning that there are some pretty shady characters that frequent these meetings. Look out for that Adam Brant character. He attacked me in a game once. You're also wise to avoid that Langley fellow. Devious. Worst of all is probably Steve Larkin. Best to stay away from him altogether.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Purcell
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopper1 wrote:
I think the only thing missing in this thread is a warning that there are some pretty shady characters that frequent these meetings. Look out for that Adam Brant character. He attacked me in a game once. You're also wise to avoid that Langley fellow. Devious. Worst of all is probably Steve Larkin. Best to stay away from him altogether.

Nah you are wrong there. It's the quiet types you have to stay away from, the ones who offer to teach you how to play Netrunner and introduce the flatline rule AFTER you have been flatlined. Those guys are the ones to stay away from...

Welcome, and there is nothing wrong with that list of games, just not quite enough mental gymnastics for some of us. Although I have seen some pretty cut throat Ticket games, although that probably has to be toned down for the smaller tykes. I would recommend Discworld: Ankh-Morpork as a good next step. Will bring it Wednesday along with aforementioned Netrunner. Oh yes, and if you lose all your cards, you lose, sorry I'll try not to forget that next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned in the other OGG thread, Michelle and I are bringing some "gateway" games since we have a couple of other non-gamer friends coming. We'll be bringing easy-to-learn, light games like King of Tokyo, Dixit, Bohnanza, Kill Doctor Lucky, Saboteur and The Resistance. Feel free to join us - especially if you aren't looking for the ultimate challenge in mental gymnastics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
Hopper1 wrote:

I herd that during a game of Jenga, a passer by accidently knocked the table costing a player the game. Ssid player jumped over the table lunging at the guilty knocker.

Discuss...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.